Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

Blue Oval Industries SUCK!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 06:05 PM
valley firearms
5th Gear Member

Default Blue Oval Industries SUCK!

If you ever browse e-bay and run across Blue Oval Industries, steer clear. They sell stuff that's out of stock. I checked their feedback and read other complaints on the same matter. I ordered new billet hood pins over 1 1/2 months ago and still do not have them. And their communication skills also suck!
Old 05-06-2009, 06:53 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

ive bought from them(i have their solid motor mounts on my 91gt)
i had no problems
Old 05-06-2009, 07:04 PM
Ato
4th Gear Member

The stuff they sell also tends to be garbage, be careful what you buy there.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:24 PM
fakesnakes
4th Gear Member

I just bought four Cobra calipers, powder coated red from them and got them in three days. Of course they were drop shipped from Ford, but it was a pretty good deal.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:26 PM
fakesnakes
4th Gear Member

BTW, I bought these billet hood pins from MU and had them in a couple of days:

http://mustangsunlimited.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=HPK1+01
Old 05-07-2009, 07:06 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Valley -

Mostly it seems to have been the guys with newer Mustangs that have had difficulties with BOI. More problems with some products than others, though I really can't see how anybody could screw up an order for a pair of hood pins and follow that up by screwing up what should have been a polite apology for the delay and a promise to give the issue priority.

The impression I keep getting is that BOI should never, ever allow John to be in the same room with a company telephone - regardless of the position that he might hold there. He may well have legitimate arguments at least once in a while, but he gets way too defensive and argumentative for his own (and BOI's) good. Unless you've read the first couple of pages of last spring's big episode involving BOI, trust me when I say you haven't seen the level that he has proven himself capable of stooping to.

Norm

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 05-07-2009 at 07:33 AM.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:54 PM
FordDude
2nd Gear Member

I bought replacement factory fog lights for my 93 Ranger from Blue Oval. They were just fine and half the price of the factory Hellas. fd
Old 05-08-2009, 01:06 AM
valley firearms
5th Gear Member

Well, they sold me hood pins that were not in stock. I told them I'd wait for them. The auction stated that they'd be sent UPS. I do not have mail delivery at the house and explained that to a woman named Stephanie. I paid instantly with PayPal and used my physical address for the shipping address since they were to ship UPS. A month goes by and I asked what gives. I get a smart *** e-mail from a guy saying that they were already shipped USPS to the address given. I told him because they didn't follow directions that when they received them back to send them to the right address. They never followed up with any remarks. I e-mailed Stephanie yesterday and she said they got them back because they were sent to a bad address. NO DUH! Then I had to remind her of our conversation about the shipping addresses. I also reminded her the auction stated shipping via UPS. She said they were just going to refund my funds, which they haven't as of today. I left them negative feedback as well.
Old 01-02-2015, 06:16 PM
cleangraystang
1st Gear Member

I understand I ordered a carbon fiber wind splitter it took 2 weeks to get but that was not the problem the problem was that when I called them they really were nasty I just was asking about how long should it take before I get a tracking # and the guy that I talk to was a real *** hole.... I don`t want anything else from them ever again.....
Old 01-03-2015, 01:54 AM
Gun Jam

DAMN....They still sucking like 7 years later? Thats a long time to suck....that's longer than most awesome places stay in business...Just saying.

Quick Reply: Blue Oval Industries SUCK!