Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

New here and looking to help purchase

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 11:22 AM
mcosgrove

Waffles, your the man. The first red one is really nice, but I was hoping to get a manual.

Never had to ship a car, and I'm in Charleston. Any ballpark on shipping a car from Ohio? Even if it isn't manual that is a really nice car at what looks like a really nice price.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:26 AM
mcosgrove

I also found this one over on vintage mustangs

http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/19...very-nice.html

And wanted to see what you guys thought, it looks like its completely done. Is this thing worth the 15 he posted in the thread. Obviously he has put a lot of work into himself and probabl has some attachment to it, but I was wondering how much it is actually worth.

And another one...

http://brainerd.craigslist.org/cto/4044839960.html

At this point I am just wandering around hoping to find something. Not entirely sure what I am going to spend yet, but obviously I would like to spend less.

Last edited by mcosgrove; 10-17-2013 at 12:23 PM.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:02 PM
cashs mom
1st Gear Member

It's easy to find out about shipping. Just call a few places tell them what you have, where it is and where it's going. They'll be able to tell you about how much it will cost. It's been years since I shipped a car but I remember the whole process being pretty easy. The guys came out and put the car on the truck off it went. We've shipped a couple motorcycles lately and haven't had any problems with shipping them either.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:42 PM
69mach1377
5th Gear Member

I would recommend some kind of insurance for the shipping.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:49 PM
Waffles
5th Gear Member

I shipped a car in an enclosed trailer from Florida to Detroit. Cost me just a hair under 1k.

Let's do this before you buy a car;

What do you want?
What year?
What Body Style?
What condition?
What engine/drivetrain setup?
Are you mechanically inclined?

Do you care about ANY of this or do you just want a classic Mustang to tool around in?
There's plenty of other cars around here for the 15k range, and they're much nicer, generally, but I don't know what you're hoping to spend.

If there is a car around me I can help you and try to go look at it for you, though I work 65-70 hours a week so it might be tough.

Answer some of the questions, and most importantly, BE PATIENT. There are tons of these things out there. We can help you find one you'll love.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:55 PM
mcosgrove

I'm looking for a daily driver, so obviously I don't need a show car. Year, I am not that worried about, 1965-68 Coupe is mainly what I have been searching around for. I like the fastback but obviously those are way more expensive.
So a v8, manual coupe, in daily driving condition. Im not really picky about anything else, I'm trying to be pretty easy going about it, would prefer the disc brakes already done, and not so worried about much else with the drivetrain, etc. Ideally I would like to spend around 8-10, maybe 12. Right now I'm sitting around 8k.

I am very mechanically inclined, but don't have the knowledge base. But I do have people around me that are very willing, and even excited to help.

Last edited by mcosgrove; 10-17-2013 at 05:40 PM.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:37 PM
harleydave

I'd go over that car with a magnet. Looks like it's full of bondo to me.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:05 AM
Waffles
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mcosgrove
I'm looking for a daily driver, so obviously I don't need a show car. Year, I am not that worried about, 1965-68 Coupe is mainly what I have been searching around for. I like the fastback but obviously those are way more expensive.
So a v8, manual coupe, in daily driving condition. Im not really picky about anything else, I'm trying to be pretty easy going about it, would prefer the disc brakes already done, and not so worried about much else with the drivetrain, etc. Ideally I would like to spend around 8-10, maybe 12. Right now I'm sitting around 8k.

I am very mechanically inclined, but don't have the knowledge base. But I do have people around me that are very willing, and even excited to help.
Awesome. I'll look around some and see what I can find. 10k should buy you a REALLY nice Coupe in a 65-68 year range.

I'll post some links to ones that look like a good starting point.

Eric
Old 10-18-2013, 10:33 AM
mcosgrove

Cool, thanks a ton for the help man, I'll keep looking as well and post up anything I find.

Guess this is good practice for my patience, I've never had much haha, and I know it'll pay off, I just want a new toy
Old 10-18-2013, 05:10 PM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

Originally Posted by mcosgrove

Guess this is good practice for my patience, I've never had much haha, and I know it'll pay off, I just want a new toy
I am the same way

Quick Reply: New here and looking to help purchase