Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Turbo a '67 200ci L6???????

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 09:42 PM
USMCam

Default Turbo a '67 200ci L6???????

Hey, I've been trying to find turbo kits for my 6 for months now, and all I see is prototypes that aren't released yet. I've been made fun of for 2 years by all my rich Chevy-loving friends with their $13,000-$20000 Camaro's that run over 350hp but they're all too afraid to run them. Well I'd love to show these guys up, even if it is just technically (seeing as how they're too ***** to actually push the pedal all the way down in their 5-speed autos, oh yeah, that are pre-modded by previous owners, so they don't have to get their hands dirty). I've always wanted a 390 (my favorite block), but that means my newly-installed new suspension, and all the under-the-hood parts would need to be replaced with heavier duty parts and that's kind of impractical price wise. So that was out. Then I wanted a 289, I mean hey, it's compatible with all the straight-6 stuff, but still costs quite a bit to get a running block in there, and my '67 is TOTALLY original (to the VIN number) so we didn't wanna mess that up. Now a turbo seems like the best possible power booster, it's unique, powerful, lightweight, keeps it stock without trading out parts, and all the "haha you got a 6 in your FORD" guys can see what a 6 can really do. Plus I HATE the fact that I have no power at any rpm, any gear, any speed.

So my question is, if anyone can help me find a turbo kit for my 200ci, original '67 straight-6, please let me know. Thank you very much
Old 03-07-2006, 09:50 PM
tylerdru
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Turbo a '67 200ci L6???????

I have looked at many websites and have yet to see one. Go to this site. www.fordsix.com it is all bout the classic 6 cylinders. They should know a thing or two.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:53 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

Here is a link to get you started. http://www.fordsix.com/
Old 03-07-2006, 10:23 PM
2atey9
1st Gear Member

More power to ya. Id love to see a unique ride like that.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:35 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: tylerdru

I have looked at many websites and have yet to see one. Go to this site. www.fordsix.com it is all bout the classic 6 cylinders. They should know a thing or two.
Dang Tyler, we must have hit the OK button at the same time, but you were just a tad faster.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:43 PM
tylerdru
4th Gear Member

I thought of that website at the last second.

Dang Tyler, we must have hit the OK button at the same time, but you were just a tad faster.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:01 AM
dcohen
4th Gear Member

a six cylinder with a turbo would be flippin sweet, if you find something then be sure to post pics [8D]
Old 03-08-2006, 12:05 AM
atomsk680
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: USMCam

Hey, I've been trying to find turbo kits for my 6 for months now, and all I see is prototypes that aren't released yet. I've been made fun of for 2 years by all my rich Chevy-loving friends with their $13,000-$20000 Camaro's that run over 350hp but they're all too afraid to run them. Well I'd love to show these guys up, even if it is just technically (seeing as how they're too ***** to actually push the pedal all the way down in their 5-speed autos, oh yeah, that are pre-modded by previous owners, so they don't have to get their hands dirty). I've always wanted a 390 (my favorite block), but that means my newly-installed new suspension, and all the under-the-hood parts would need to be replaced with heavier duty parts and that's kind of impractical price wise. So that was out. Then I wanted a 289, I mean hey, it's compatible with all the straight-6 stuff, but still costs quite a bit to get a running block in there, and my '67 is TOTALLY original (to the VIN number) so we didn't wanna mess that up. Now a turbo seems like the best possible power booster, it's unique, powerful, lightweight, keeps it stock without trading out parts, and all the "haha you got a 6 in your FORD" guys can see what a 6 can really do. Plus I HATE the fact that I have no power at any rpm, any gear, any speed.

So my question is, if anyone can help me find a turbo kit for my 200ci, original '67 straight-6, please let me know. Thank you very much
good luck, remember First On Race Day
and Cheapest Heap Every Visioned Yet
Old 03-08-2006, 01:28 AM
daver
2nd Gear Member

Ive been waitin for someone to think of this. You could make that thing put out some serious power if you have the cash. If somethings arent available you could fab them. I.E.- a 4 barrel intake could be made out of flat steel plate and one of those DIY header kits. As well as the header itself, you could get one of those kits, make your own flanges, get a flange from a turbo audi for the turbo to sit on, get the turbo and bolw off valve etc. from that same car. You could use TBI instead of a carb because i know that a carb wont work with a turbo (at least ive heard it wont). Edelbrock sells a TBI 4 barrel kit that you could adapt. Then getcher head milled, throw some big valves in there, and see who can beat ya.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:01 PM
USMCam

Wow, alright thanks a lot guys for all the help. I went to Fordsix a couple weeks ago where I saw that "prototype" Turbo that's gonna be displayed March ?? so I'll check that out. On Fordsix.com it was saying that turbo could give a 6cyl high-11's, so hell yeah that'll give it some power. Oh and thanks for the F.O.R.D. and C.H.E.V.Y. thing lol, I been getting really tired of hearing "****ed on race day" "****ed over rebuilt dodge" etc, but that's what I gotta put up with in an all-chevy town like this lol. I'll definitely keep you guys updated as I find out more on this turbo.

Quick Reply: Turbo a '67 200ci L6???????