Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Stupid kid at school........

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2004, 04:25 AM
SCRATCHY30
2nd Gear Member

Default Stupid kid at school........

Well, I am a juinor in HS and all, and before I got my car, I used to talk to a lot of people about it, I was really excited about it and all. Then this ricer king overheard me, he has a 1998 Civic Ex, with the body kit and all the crap, it is slow as heck. He used to say "Oh, I'll smoke you with my car when you get your mustang" etc. He said he wanted to be me 20 bucks when I got it, I was like ok So I get it and I bring it up, and he comes up with excuses. 1st he says he is gonna beat me with a V6 Taurus, hehe. Then he said he is going to get a 300zx twin turbo, when he sells his car, but he isn't going to sell it b/c he want 8950 bucks for it! Then I asked him "what about your civic" and he is all you're gay shut up. I told him he shouldn't talk crap if he can't back it up. Then he said "well....uhhhhhh....I'll crack you, that will back it up." lol, he just changes the subject. But ya, poor kid, he can't run with the big dogs.

I am not complaining or anything, I just thought this was funny, and I wanted to share it with you guys.
Old 05-15-2004, 07:23 AM
rshstng

Default RE: Stupid kid at school........

i heard all that kinda stuff at my high school...sad thing is my 2002 s10 beat them unless they had lots of stuff under the hood...not just the standard exhaust intake and vtec crap...it's funny to hear the excuses they come up with
Old 05-15-2004, 02:40 PM
69FECoupe
3rd Gear Member

Careful guy's, there are some potent rice burers out there. They're not all wrenched by "Ricer's". My kid's have a couple of relatively stock Honda's that run mid 14's on street tires. There are many that run 11's and 12's that are street driven. Got this old musclecar guy's attention!
Old 05-15-2004, 02:52 PM
SCARFACE
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SCRATCHY30

Well, I am a juinor in HS and all, and before I got my car, I used to talk to a lot of people about it, I was really excited about it and all. Then this ricer king overheard me, he has a 1998 Civic Ex, with the body kit and all the crap, it is slow as heck. He used to say "Oh, I'll smoke you with my car when you get your mustang" etc. He said he wanted to be me 20 bucks when I got it, I was like ok So I get it and I bring it up, and he comes up with excuses. 1st he says he is gonna beat me with a V6 Taurus, hehe. Then he said he is going to get a 300zx twin turbo, when he sells his car, but he isn't going to sell it b/c he want 8950 bucks for it! Then I asked him "what about your civic" and he is all you're gay shut up. I told him he shouldn't talk crap if he can't back it up. Then he said "well....uhhhhhh....I'll crack you, that will back it up." lol, he just changes the subject. But ya, poor kid, he can't run with the big dogs.

I am not complaining or anything, I just thought this was funny, and I wanted to share it with you guys.
so what kinda of pony did you get? v6, gt ???
Old 05-15-2004, 04:17 PM
Jugador
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 69FECoupe

Careful guy's, there are some potent rice burers out there. They're not all wrenched by "Ricer's". My kid's have a couple of relatively stock Honda's that run mid 14's on street tires. There are many that run 11's and 12's that are street driven. Got this old musclecar guy's attention!
first off, mid 14's isnt that fast
second, the ones that run 11's and 12's aren't driven by kids in highschool probably
third, people with those cars aren't going to be talking ****, they'll let other people talk **** to them and then take em down.
Old 05-15-2004, 04:19 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

mid 14's is quite fast for a 4 banger, I agree with the other two points though.
Old 05-15-2004, 06:44 PM
69FECoupe
3rd Gear Member

You posted the quote but you didn't read it. I said, "they are not all wrenched by Ricer's" as in HS kids. As far as 14's not being that fast I agree, I grew up in the 60's. When you compare it to most of the 5.0's out there that are running 15's, it's not bad. When you consider that it's a FWD car spinning one tire it looks even better. I'm not here to argue the domestic/import thing I'm a Ford guy from way back and always will be but I just like to give credit when credit's due. The fact is that some of these four bangers flat run. A friend of my son's has an 89 200sx with a JDM conversion that runs high 11's. I've seen the time slips. Say what you want, thats quick. And by the way, it still gets 20mpg. I also tip my hat to the 5.0 guys that are running big numbers. They are doing things and turning times that were impossible 30 years ago with a small block. Anyhow, just don't assume that Civic with the blacked out windows next to you at the light is a dumb **** Ricer Boy.
ORIGINAL: SenorJ

ORIGINAL: 69FECoupe

first off, mid 14's isnt that fast
second, the ones that run 11's and 12's aren't driven by kids in highschool probably
third, people with those cars aren't going to be talking ****, they'll let other people talk **** to them and then take em down.
Old 05-15-2004, 06:54 PM
SCRATCHY30
2nd Gear Member

btw, I have a V8 66 GT with a 302.

Check out the pics in my other thread.
Old 05-15-2004, 08:07 PM
69FECoupe
3rd Gear Member

I've always had a soft spot for 66 GT's. A good frind of mine had one when we were in HS (a long time ago) and I always loved it. Good luck with it.
Old 05-15-2004, 09:57 PM
SCRATCHY30
2nd Gear Member

Thank you sir

Quick Reply: Stupid kid at school........