Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Pics of your dragged out/semi dragged coupes

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 02:45 AM
X90MustangGTx
1st Gear Member

Default Pics of your dragged out/semi dragged coupes

going to be getting a 67 soon just wanted to see some coupes in semi or full drag outfit any pics fellows?
-sergio
Old 07-20-2006, 02:50 AM
67Sally
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Pics of your dragged out/semi dragged coupes

ORIGINAL: X90MustangGTx

going to be getting a 67 soon just wanted to see some coupes in semi or full drag outfit any pics fellows?
-sergio
You're going to drag a 67???
Old 07-20-2006, 02:56 AM
X90MustangGTx
1st Gear Member

yeah,is there a prob?
Old 07-20-2006, 03:08 AM
67Sally
4th Gear Member

yeah,is there a prob?
Nope, to each his own. I doubt you will find many pictures of highly modded 67's here for the sole purpose of drag racing because I personally haven't seen any. There are a few guys who just take them to the track though (can't remember people's names)
Old 07-20-2006, 03:14 AM
atomsk680
5th Gear Member

no one on here has a car solely for dragging, yes, some go to the track every once in a while, but really its worth more in the longrun restored or resto modded. you will have to look elsewhere for highly modded 67 coupes for dragging, sorry.
Old 07-20-2006, 03:17 AM
67Sally
4th Gear Member

Do you already have this 67? If you do then I would recommend restoring it for value or selling it and getting a car a little better for drag racing. These classics are heavy, not very aerodynamic, and lose a ton of value when you do something like turn it into a drag car. What's your motivation here?
Old 07-20-2006, 03:30 AM
351foxstang
3rd Gear Member

mines an all out drag car, or will be...

im working on getting the chassis and suspension done before winter.

i dont have any pictures of this stuff, im still rebuilding the stock portions of the car first. ive been doing alot of work on our 86' as of late and have let the 67' sit for some time, but that will change once i get my new welder and some other tools ive been putting off getting.

what are your plans for your car?

carl
Old 07-20-2006, 03:36 AM
X90MustangGTx
1st Gear Member

maybe i over exagerated on the full dragged out thing maybe with some welds,pro stars or something....dont have the car yet i will in a few weeks....as far as restoring probably not for i dont really want a garage queen,dont really care on restoring and making money off of it,and motivation yes lots of it living in california with are crazy strict emission laws,cant really do nothing with my 5.0 you eventually will have to smog it not really worth it so im looking for an old school i dont have to worry about smogging,the 67 wont be 100% drag ill probably take it to the local mustang gtg's cruises etc just basically have fun with it,thanks for the input though ill look at the local drag racing forums in my area.
-sergio
Old 07-20-2006, 03:40 AM
atomsk680
5th Gear Member

maybe i over exagerated on the full dragged out thing maybe with some welds,pro stars or something....dont have the car yet i will in a few weeks....as far as restoring probably not for i dont really want a garage queen,dont really care on restoring and making money off of it,and motivation yes lots of it living in california with are crazy strict emission laws,cant really do nothing with my 5.0 you eventually will have to smog it not really worth it so im looking for an old school i dont have to worry about smogging,the 67 wont be 100% drag ill probably take it to the local mustang gtg's cruises etc just basically have fun with it,thanks for the input though ill look at the local drag racing forums in my area.
-sergio

far from! my 69 is/will be my daily driver, honestly, she wont see a garage for about 5 years.

most people here, especially the younger members including myself, have their classic as a daily driver.
Old 07-20-2006, 03:46 AM
X90MustangGTx
1st Gear Member

well if i were to restore a car it would most likely be a garage queen,thats just from my view i understand that not everyone thinks the same...so yeah there you have it i want a quarter pounding classic who can be street driven here and there,alls i wanted was to see if anyone had pics of there own classics ready to take it down the 1/4 not many do,which is fine and thats cool ill go look else where thanks again fellows.
-sergio

Quick Reply: Pics of your dragged out/semi dragged coupes