Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

to restore or make fast

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2003, 08:33 PM
67fastback4444

Default to restore or make fast

i am about to buy me a 67 fastback and i was wondering if the car isnt all original should i restore it or should i make it a racing machine?</P>
Old 07-03-2003, 05:52 AM
6Stang7

Which do you want more? Most people make it all original either becuase they are nastalgic and owned one back in the day, or the are going to sell it. If you make it a racer then most likely you will not get as much when/if you sell it.
Old 07-05-2003, 07:16 AM
robwazhere
2nd Gear Member

i would go for a resomod that looks nice but can move also. just my $.02.
Old 07-11-2003, 11:16 AM
rrs-online.com

You can probably restore it outwardly to original but enhance the bits that make it perform like a modern car.
In case you're interested, there's a new range of products available already downunder and coming your way soon
Strut and Brake conversions, Power Rack and Pinion Kits...
See the current range at http://www.rrs-online.com
Old 11-25-2007, 09:17 PM
67mustang! newtothis

Default RE: to restore or make fast

i am in the proccess of restoring a 67 and i have decided to make the interior look relatively original, but throw on some hipo parts and make it move!!
Old 11-25-2007, 09:39 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

make it fast.......frame off oem restos are nice but in the end you have a over priced piece of glass that you don't even want to drive or sit in much less start it up for fear if a fly farts on it, you'll have hours of cleaning and or repair to do on it........trailer queens are just that!!! good for the white collar guy who has more money then sense...I personally perfer to drive my angel that I've put my hard work and time into...cause what fun is there in owning a trailer queen that you spend more time buffing and using a diaper to wipe it down then you actually drive it
Old 11-25-2007, 09:44 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

build both do a day to resto where you use vintage speed parts or do something like im doing lots of up dates still has classic lines or go sleeper completely stock looking witha stroker and gears etc
Old 11-25-2007, 09:48 PM
Josupait

It is your money... Do what you want with it. You buy old cars to suite your needs and wants. They are our toys.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:24 AM
67 evil eleanor
5th Gear Member

Thats the fun of this. Freedom to do what you want. Coucours cars are hard and expensive to build if you don't have most of the original parts. I would figure out what I wanted. If you plan to drive it very much, then go for a driver. If the car is in very very good condition and youdon't have to spend a bundle for NOS parts, then go for that #1 car. Trailer queen or not. These cars can only be original once, and I have a lot of respect for anyone that mantains a car in thatcondition. Eitherway, have fun.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:40 AM
andrewmp6
6th Gear Member

Kinda hard to do a frame off on a car that dont have a frame.Its your car do whatever you want thats makes you happy.Your wallet is the only limit on what can be done to a early mustang.

Quick Reply: to restore or make fast