Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

home depot internet pricing

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 04:40 PM
grocery getter
1st Gear Member

Default home depot internet pricing

I'm shopping for a mig welder and I go to home depot's web site, the lincoln 100 is $339.00.
sounds good, i'm going to pull the trigger and buy it. I drive the 15 minutes, go in and find it $369.00.[:@]
I ask the customer service rep." why is the price different than your website? " We don't match our website price"
So, I drive home and call the co. (india, most likely) and i'm told my comments will be taken "very seriously"

Am I asking too much for home depot to match the website price at the store ?

Old 08-22-2006, 04:55 PM
dodgestang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: home depot internet pricing

Don't buy from Homedepot online.

After the sale any issue will always take 60 minutes on the phone before speaking to an operator...where as when you call to place an order they are on the phone almost instantaneously.

There are a whole slew of problems I had with home depot on a $1500 door **** purchase I made earlier this year (3 months ago) and the charge is still on my account...took me 2 months to get the request for return processed properly so that UPS would pickup the return and has now been 4 weeks still with no credit issued.
Old 08-22-2006, 05:09 PM
67Sally
4th Gear Member

A lot of places want to encouarage internet purchases so they lower the prices. Is it still cheaper when shipping is included?
Old 08-22-2006, 05:11 PM
grocery getter
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dodgestang

Don't buy from Homedepot online.

After the sale any issue will always take 60 minutes on the phone before speaking to an operator...where as when you call to place an order they are on the phone almost instantaneously.

There are a whole slew of problems I had with home depot on a $1500 door **** purchase I made earlier this year (3 months ago) and the charge is still on my account...took me 2 months to get the request for return processed properly so that UPS would pickup the return and has now been 4 weeks still with no credit issued.
Sorry to hear about your problem. To me, it looks like the beginning of the end of home depot.
Old 08-22-2006, 05:13 PM
grocery getter
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 67Sally

A lot of places want to encouarage internet purchases so they lower the prices. Is it still cheaper when shipping is included?

No, the shipping is $39.00 one at a time....

if it costs them that much to get it to the store, they might want to call a company (with a future) for advice....
Old 08-22-2006, 08:21 PM
Cogtx
3rd Gear Member

Hey there...if you can hold off awhile, amazon.com sometimes has welders/tools with free shipping and no tax. I purchased a flux core welder last year to practice with and got a good deal from amazon. Nothing special about the welder but it gives my son a chance to try his hand out at welding until his welding class starts up at school.
Old 08-22-2006, 08:31 PM
Ste7of1
1st Gear Member

They aren't the only ones with price differences between web and store. Bestbuy does one better-they have lower prices online and you can order online with in-store pickup. Does that make any sense. A friend of mine logged on to there website from a computer in the store and ten minutes later walked out with the item at the reduced on-line price.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:09 PM
Scott H.
5th Gear Member

This is an area I suggest people buy from a local welding shop. they usually have professional welders there that are more than happy to share priceless information. If they don't, go somewhere else where they do. Yeah, you *may* spend a couple of hundred more up front, but what you save on the backside will pay that back in spades. Some shops even offer classes, or at a minimum will set up the welder and grab your hand to start you welding.
It's an awesome way to get started on the right foot with the proper gear. Even if it means saving up a little longer, trust me, it's worth it.

Good luck with what ever you decide.

Scott
Old 08-22-2006, 10:42 PM
hity645
2nd Gear Member

Website prices are cheaper because it doesnt require a wharehouse full of staff to help a customer like it does at thier actual wharehouses where customers walk in.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:47 PM
67Sally
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hity645

Website prices are cheaper because it doesnt require a wharehouse full of staff to help a customer like it does at thier actual wharehouses where customers walk in.
Yep, in addition to the fact that some companies get paid to advertise for others online and they don't have to take inventory. They can also charge you extra for shipping. You also might not have to pay tax on some online purchases which saves the company some cash.

Ste7, that's brilliant I think I might try that sometime.

Quick Reply: home depot internet pricing