Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

made in tailand

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 07:57 PM
slick66stang
3rd Gear Member

Default made in tailand

i have bought parts that were made over seas and really didnt fit all that well. could this be a reason for my door sag?
Old 08-23-2006, 08:11 PM
Cannonball888
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: made in tailand

Very possible. Some import repro stuff is OK. But when it comes to body parts or other parts that require close tolerances then OEM tooling is the only way to go even though it can be up to 3x more expensive.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:52 PM
67Sally
4th Gear Member

I don't see why that would have anything to do with it. Measurements are measurements. If the company you bought your door from is in Thailand that has shouldn't have anything to do with your door.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:01 PM
Scott H.
5th Gear Member

No, no, you missed his thread title. He bought a part made in *tailand*. That is a whole different third world kind of place, where the king still measures things with his gnarled up foot. Measurements are a rough guestimate in this country, dependant on the amount of walking the king has done.
This would also explain how he did a perfect alignment job yet the door still sags when opened. You see it's not his poor alignment job, but the fact that all doors coming from Tailand must bow when opened.

HTH,

Scott
Old 08-23-2006, 09:27 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

rebuild the stock hinges or keep playing with the alignment did u remove the door? it should have to jump up to latch or jump down when opened.
Old 08-24-2006, 12:45 AM
67Sally
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Scott H.

No, no, you missed his thread title. He bought a part made in *tailand*. That is a whole different third world kind of place, where the king still measures things with his gnarled up foot. Measurements are a rough guestimate in this country, dependant on the amount of walking the king has done.
This would also explain how he did a perfect alignment job yet the door still sags when opened. You see it's not his poor alignment job, but the fact that all doors coming from Tailand must bow when opened.

HTH,

Scott
Ahh my bad, I guess I should have paid more attention [8D]
Old 08-24-2006, 02:16 AM
Smothers
3rd Gear Member

LOL , Good stuff Scott. I always like reading your replies/comments. A real asset to this forum I say!
ORIGINAL: Scott H.

HTH,

Scott
Old 08-24-2006, 02:33 AM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

But its better than it was

Damn Thailand people didnt make the fuel sending unit hole the right size and im just waiting for that to leak. And I cant think of a bad name to call them when I curse their products...
Old 08-24-2006, 06:41 PM
moparmatt89
2nd Gear Member

hey
I recently ordered a front bumper bracket from CJ Pony parts. I had a brand new bumper ready to install and all i needed was this new bracket that wasnt bent like the one on the car. I take it out of the box and it says in big letters MADE IN TAILAND. Right away i look at it think it looks a bit funky. Sure enough i put it on the bumper to see and it wasnt even close! I had to cut the spot welds just enough to be able to hit the bracket and bend the mounting plate. What a pain in the you know what. A simple job was made so much longer and harder because they dont know how to weld things at the proper angle. I would not doubt the fact that it was made in TAILAND to be the reason for it to sag, but if its from TAILAND you can't expect the best quality. My passanger door still sags even after i replaced the worn hinge bushings. Sure its a pain but not enough for me to order a new hinge just yet, there are to many other things on the car to worry about.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:17 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

I recently tried to by what some of you refer to as a water neck (thermostat housing) from my local parts guy, and stamped right on that sucker was "Made in China." I told the local parts guy that if I put that thing on my 65 that it would cry. So, I passed that up and just went to the Ford house and got a FoMoCo housing. When I was in the local parts store with my original housing, I compared the Chinese one to mine, and there was a lot of difference in the shape of them. The nipple was much larger on the Chinese one.
Oh, BTW there is an "H" in the spelling of Thailand.

Quick Reply: made in tailand