Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Come on in for some advice

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 01:46 AM
papi_chulo
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Come on in for some advice

what im looking forward in getting in the mustang is:

bigger tires and rims
still thinking of a color to paint it
and adding some musle under the hood
interior needs the seats and im looking for the original seats

I really want this car for show and cruisen
Old 09-07-2006, 03:19 AM
badazz68stang
2nd Gear Member

Lucafu, this guy came on here to get opinions. Glen is an old timer who likes his stangs like they were back in the day and that is just one mans opinion. If you dont want good and bad opinions then simply dont post.
ORIGINAL: Lucafu1

ORIGINAL: Soaring

ORIGINAL: THUMPIN455

Make sure everything on it works. Get rid of the air shocks, you dont want a stink bug look. Figure out where you want to go with it, daily driver, fun toy for cruisin, something that hauls, or maybe a car that turns corners.

Dont add a big wing, dont add spinners, dont put vinyl stickers all over it, dont put on 13" spokes with tiny tires stickin out the fenders 9", dont throw a body kit on it, and dont think that putting a Supra or Skyline engine in it will make it fast. The worst thing you could do would be puttin a chevy in it.

I cant even decide what to do with all of mine, I just know what not to do and how not to get bored with it and sell it.

Ah... Glen doesnt like the Outlaw II wheels... hhhmm maybe another photoshop is in order.. I happen to have some on the GTO..lol...

You are right, I don't like the Outlaw II wheels. And, it doesn't matter what classsic car they are put on. Why do you guys constantly want to put ugly wheels on great classic cars?
why do you continue to bash people for modding/changing their mustang and making their car what they want?

Old 09-07-2006, 03:27 AM
atomsk680
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Soaring

Make sure everything on it works. Get rid of the air shocks, you dont want a stink bug look. Figure out where you want to go with it, daily driver, fun toy for cruisin, something that hauls, or maybe a car that turns corners.

Dont add a big wing, dont add spinners, dont put vinyl stickers all over it, dont put on 13" spokes with tiny tires stickin out the fenders 9", dont throw a body kit on it, and dont think that putting a Supra or Skyline engine in it will make it fast. The worst thing you could do would be puttin a chevy in it.

I cant even decide what to do with all of mine, I just know what not to do and how not to get bored with it and sell it.

Ah... Glen doesnt like the Outlaw II wheels... hhhmm maybe another photoshop is in order.. I happen to have some on the GTO..lol...

You are right, I don't like the Outlaw II wheels. And, it doesn't matter what classsic car they are put on. Why do you guys constantly want to put ugly wheels on great classic cars?
why do you continue to bash people for modding/changing their mustang and making their car what they want?
theres 3 simple answers for you

1. he is older
2. he is a mod
3. he can answer almost any question.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:42 AM
Clu7ch
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Shifty101Easy

1. Disc Brakes

2. Suspension Upgrade

3. More HP Adders

4. Customize however you want...cnat really tell you what YOU want....if it was me, id get it painted another color and get some differnt rims so that the new disc brakes can be seen....and just bigger wheels in general...theoretically can help with the handling.....
I agree 110% here. You might as well do the suspension and brake stuff at the same time to save you time. There are a lot of chioces for HP adders and above all else, even tho Glen may not like it (that's his opinion and what you asked for) do what you feel you like to the interior and exterior, just don't blatently fudge it up so it looks all around retarded.

Shifty, bigger wheels may help with handling a bit, but will slow you down a bit in a straight line. 14" rims are a perfect fit for those classics, I wouldn't go bigger than a 15" unless I had to make room for brakes. The Grab-A-Trac kit from www.mustangsplus.com with the KYB's is a great buy and will greatly improve the handling of the vehicle all around. I don't know if you have it or not, but a rack and pinion steering rack, if not a power steering system is also a good investment, not that there's anything wrong with manual, but where I live dodging the idiots driving next to me is hard enough with power steering. I had a guy the other day try and cut into my lane while he was right next to me and even after laying on my horn he was still trying to get in. As dumb of a move as it was I held my ground and didn't let him in. Had he hit my car (mind you this is my DD not my stang) he would have been a quarter of the man he was before.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:21 AM
slickman
5th Gear Member

We need to have two posting areas, one for Soaring (The old fart area) and one for us resto moders..

[quote]ORIGINAL: Soaring

Why do you guys constantly want to put ugly wheels on great classic cars?
Old 09-09-2006, 05:41 AM
Lucafu1
1st Gear Member

[/quote]

1. he is older
2. he is a mod
[/quote]

LMAO are you serious?
my magic * ball can answer any question. being older doesnt mean jack except that he has a certain style and im sure he is set in his ways as well as i. i dont bash anyone for keeping their car original. no need to bash anyones car. and being a mod doesnt mean anything. im a mod also (on another forum) and i dont do it. LOL this is to funny.
Old 09-09-2006, 06:01 AM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

1. he is older
2. he is a mod
[/quote]

LMAO are you serious?
my magic * ball can answer any question. being older doesnt mean jack except that he has a certain style and im sure he is set in his ways as well as i. i dont bash anyone for keeping their car original. no need to bash anyones car. and being a mod doesnt mean anything. im a mod also (on another forum) and i dont do it. LOL this is to funny.
[/quote]
Where do you guys come off with I am bashing the guys car? He asked for opinions of where to start, and I told him to get rid of the wheels. And, Slickman, you can restomod your car all you want to and still stay on here and discuss classic mustangs with us.
Old 09-09-2006, 06:10 AM
65mojoe
4th Gear Member

+1 in soarings defense. maybe those rims do work....but they ain't working on that car! He's not bashing anything...you gotta find rims that just jive with your ride. for some people, old magnums or the styled steels work well, for others its chrome bullits and torque thrusts. It's all a matter of picking rims that go with the rest of the car and these ones just look too stuck on...the size and stance of the current rims just aren't working.
Old 09-09-2006, 06:16 AM
Lucafu1
1st Gear Member

bashing is a harsh word but i couldnt think of another one. its just many on this site seem to take offense to anything non OE. i guess i have a problem not keeping anything origanal.
Old 09-09-2006, 06:21 AM
65mojoe
4th Gear Member

bashing is a harsh word but i couldnt think of another one. its just many on this site seem to take offense to anything non OE. i guess i have a problem not keeping anything origanal.
There's no problem going the restomod route...a lot of people on here seem to have done it (you're talking to one right now). But that doesn't mean one can't enjoy a quality stang thats done up just like it was when it rolled out of the showroom back in the 60's. If you're a mod on another site then you should know opinions are what forums are all about and your's is just as valued as mine, soarings and all the 50 trillion other stangers on this site.

But back on topic here....honestly when you look at the wheels currently on this stang, you gotta admit they don't jive.

Quick Reply: Come on in for some advice