Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

The NEW engine is alive!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 12:58 PM
slickman
5th Gear Member

Default The NEW engine is alive!!!

The builder stopped by to help getting her running for the first time and re-curve the distributor. Here's the video, everything went without any issues at all.. At the end she's idling at around 900 rpm, need to bring that down. www.allmystuff.org/postings/new289.asf

I have some exhaust leaks to address and still need to complete the shifter linkage.
Old 09-16-2006, 01:31 PM
atomsk680
5th Gear Member

Default RE: The NEW engine is alive!!!

very nice! the video is kinda 'poppy'

im going to start ordering parts for my engine soon. then rent a hoist to put them all on.
Old 09-16-2006, 02:58 PM
slickman
5th Gear Member

Yeah, the video camrea is a cheep POS..
Old 09-16-2006, 05:04 PM
Scott H.
5th Gear Member

Sounds really good and solid. Nice build. Get them leaks fixed and lets have a video on the street!

Nice work slickman!
Old 09-16-2006, 06:24 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

Glad you got her going Slick. Now, take care of that puppy for several thousand miles before you romp on it.
Old 09-16-2006, 06:45 PM
slickman
5th Gear Member

Been playing a bit with the AOD. Letting it set some so I can go and check the oil level again. She was low about 5 qts.. The thing I don't understand is, it has about 70 psi in park. The TV cable is hooked up but its lose and not adjusted yet. I know you're suppose to adjust it in neutral so I'm going to do that maybe later after I get the oil level right. From what I have found on the internet, you should have no more then 20 psi in natural. But why it has 70 psi in park, I don't know.

ORIGINAL: Soaring

Glad you got her going Slick. Now, take care of that puppy for several thousand miles before you romp on it.
Old 09-16-2006, 07:19 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

Don't know either. Get the tv cable adjusted and keep checking the fluid level. Ya gotta break that puppy in slow and carefully.
Old 09-17-2006, 10:42 PM
slickman
5th Gear Member

Well, ran into a problem but not with the engine. The AOD will not shift out of first gear and at an idle its at 70 PSI which I know is not right. It should not be more then 5 - 10 PSI. The TV cable seems to not make any change at all. So, I need to take this to a tranny shop and it get looked at [:@] I guess this $500 deal was not such a deal. [:@][:@]

Old 09-17-2006, 11:30 PM
slickman
5th Gear Member

I fixed the link guys..
Old 09-21-2006, 03:42 PM
slickman
5th Gear Member

There's nothing wrong with the tranny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A friend of mine who knows a tranny guy stopped over. He told me the TV cable needed to be re-mounted at the tranny. He did not like the way it was and told me to check out the TV lever when I was at it. Sooooooooooo, it turned out that the inner return spring for the TV lever was not returning the lever all the way home. I setup a temp spring to keep it home and that was it!!! The pressure is down to 0 in neutral!!! Now I have to mount up the spring permanent and I'm all set.....[sm=bounceybounce.gif]

Quick Reply: The NEW engine is alive!!!