Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

I wanna buy something...

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 01:45 AM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

Default I wanna buy something...

Do you ever just wanna buy something so you will have something to work on? I tell myself "NO, YOUR POOR! YOUR IN SCHOOL! BAD!" but I just cant help it. Im gonna give in soon.

Am I the only one?
Old 10-16-2006, 01:51 AM
65 coupe

Default RE: I wanna buy something...

Definately not man. im in the same situation. i know i shouldnt buy another engine for my car but then i tell myself it will be a "good project" and here i am talking to the guy and going to meet up with him in a day or two so yea i understant. just make whatever it is worth the money so you wont regret it too much when you have no money for food thats all. good luck man!
Old 10-16-2006, 01:54 AM
valley firearms
5th Gear Member

You think you're poor now just wait until you buy a mustang or more parts. Then not only will you be poor but you'll find yourself ditching schhol to work on it.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:57 AM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

Wait till I buy a Mustang? I have 2...
Old 10-16-2006, 01:59 AM
atomsk680
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: valley firearms

You think you're poor now just wait until you buy a mustang. Then not only will you be poor but you'll find yourself ditching schhol to work on it.
ahhh crap[][&o]

.....i guess the first step is acceptance
Old 10-16-2006, 02:38 AM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

Hopefully I will get outta class "early" tomorrow so I can work on my hood.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:36 AM
Shifty101Easy
5th Gear Member

im so discombobulated i find myself going out into the garage and just sitting there staring at the parts and the car and wondering how my car came to look like an exploded frag grenade....then i get a cold beverage....turn it on....run it for a while....then go back in the house and ponder ways to make more money so i can paint it soon so i can drive it....
Old 10-16-2006, 05:09 AM
Brandontyler65
I ♥ Acer

ha i work at an auto parts store i get to look up all the stuff i want to buy to fix my car and i know i cannot buy it and i hav my truck and my mustang and my truck needs some TLC
Old 10-16-2006, 05:22 AM
Aussie66Fastback
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Shifty101Easy

im so discombobulated i find myself going out into the garage and just sitting there staring at the parts and the car and wondering how my car came to look like an exploded frag grenade....then i get a cold beverage....turn it on....run it for a while....then go back in the house and ponder ways to make more money so i can paint it soon so i can drive it....
yep, that's the way of it

i have a beer fridge next to the work bench and a shed full of crap that shouldnt be there because we had to move half the furniture in to make the house look nice so we could sell it and my 60x25' shed along with it. i cant move in there for junk. i desperately dont want to give up the shed but i'm sick of the house and I dont even know where to start with packing up the parts and what to throw and what to keep. the clock is ticking and we dont have another house to move to yet and SWMBO hates my guts becuase of it. I can hear the kids screaming in the background.

SO, I crank the jukebox on some loud and live ACDC, crack a beer, pull up a bar stool between the mustang and my GT Falcon and ponder how the f**k I can finish building the GT engine and still have change to put a 347 in the stang. The Fairlane needs a new diff and trans and the engine is tired but I could swap out the current 302 in the stang into that and the dear little old Austin 10 crapped the fuel pump and I cant buy new parts for it on the planet. I'd like to buy a whole new suspension, Brembo 6 spot brakes a bigger hairdryer and an exhaust for my Subaru. but that's another 10grand i dont have. Time for another beer??

in answer to your question baddog, it gets worse the older you get and the more responsibility you have to spend money on anything but cars!
Old 10-16-2006, 05:36 AM
andrewmp6
6th Gear Member

if you can get the money and got the time yes my first car was a 65 impala i bought at 14 and did a frame off on it

Quick Reply: I wanna buy something...