Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

WTF Someone Tried To Steal My Rim Cap

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 12:10 PM
72rustang
1st Gear Member

Default RE: WTF Someone Tried To Steal My Rim Cap

ORIGINAL: andrewmp6
hell with a gun i carry a rusty butter knife
Rusty pitchfork. That way you can take out both of the offender's eyes at the same time... and maybe give them tetanus to boot.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:17 PM
grruminator78
4th Gear Member

Okay I'm not going to get into the legality of every situation, but every situation is different. Say for instance you attacker is a black belt in whatever is a gun warrented???? who cares If i'm attacked and I'm carrying a weapon, any weapon I will defend myself, and if not (armed) I'm going to kick you in the groin knee you in the face stomp you your nose/back of the head when you hit the ground and run like forrest gump!

-however, if I stick around and keep stomping on your head until I reveal your brain casing then I'm probably still going to jail!
Old 10-30-2006, 12:27 PM
Cannonball888
2nd Gear Member

If your unarmed attacker is a black-belt then it can be considered that they had a weapon of deadly force. This has been successful in court cases.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:33 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

i meant as in they were just coming after you with a weapon not unarmed i think i could handle them lol

and for the above with the rusty pitchfok rust hase nothing to do with needing a tetanus shot or even getting it cause rust is inorganic and is a chemical reaction(jsut an old wives tale) only need a tetanus booster is u have a deep puncture wound and in the case a pitch fork mght give u numerous
Old 10-30-2006, 02:38 PM
67Stang68
2nd Gear Member

I always wished people could get electrocuted by touching other peoples property
kind of like a bug zapper only difference it would be a jackass zapper.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:48 PM
Cannonball888
2nd Gear Member

How about that Lotus car in one of the Roger Moore-James Bond movies? The theif just touches the car and it explodes. Well, that kind of alarm system works only once and at such a cost
Old 10-30-2006, 02:49 PM
paddy187
4th Gear Member

jesus i belive in the bowie/rezner track!!! I come from the point of view that why do u need to pack anything, if your packing their packing then somebody pulls and then people get shot over stupid rubbish, i am not anti-gun, but anti handgun for sure it is designed for killing other humans pure and simple, remember a criminal has already crossed a line and when you fiddling with you safety he/she is aiming and firing. Don't more people get shot by there own guns? p.s. a rusty butter knife may cause tetnus which is very painfully death as your muscle contracting breaking most bones in your body.....
Old 10-30-2006, 02:57 PM
Cannonball888
2nd Gear Member

I believe in meeting force with equal force in self defense and that includes using handguns if necessary. But, that's a far cry from some people who pull a gun because they are too much of a ***** to defend themselves in a common fist fight.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:24 AM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

ORIGINAL: paddy187

p.s. a rusty butter knife may cause tetnus which is very painfully death as your muscle contracting breaking most bones in your body.....

rust is inorganic we studied about it in my chem class in 10 grade tetanus is a bacterial infection (Clostridium tetani)
not a chem reaction! and since its not a chem found in rust it can only be from the puncture wound because the bacteria is residing there just like on preyy much every object on earth. the reason its a wives tale it just misleading they live on rusty nails but its not the rust that causes the problems
Old 10-31-2006, 05:28 AM
paddy187
4th Gear Member

Rust is inorganic,correct, but tetnus is not an infection as such, byproduct of the infection, it is a bacterium toxin that courses tetenus from the soil bacteria, anaerobic. The rusty nail story is not quite an old wives tale as most rusty nails will be found on the ground or say a farm environement and animal feces contains a lot of C.tetani, as well as the rusted areas being of a nice low oxygen environment for the spores to be thus there is an increase likelyhood of the bacterium being on the nail and a punction wound will provide a nice low o2 environment for the bacteria to multiply etc.

Quick Reply: WTF Someone Tried To Steal My Rim Cap