Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Where Do These Go??

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 10:26 PM
ebluekeys
2nd Gear Member

Default Where Do These Go??

Just got these from Year One. Supposed to be an rubber spring isolation mount. There are three PAIR of progressively taller U-shaped brackets with rubber pads. I never saw anything like this when I replaced my rear springs and bushings, but the catalogs all call out an "isolation bracket", so I ordered a set, hoping to get rid of a high-speed vibration. Where the heck do these go, and how do I install them? See the photo attached. I guess what I really wanted was "Upper and lower Leaf Srping Insulators" Rubber pads that go above and below the spring, sandwiched between the bottom plate/spring and spring/axle perch. They're shown on page 240 of the new Year One catalog.

[IMG]local://upfiles/24857/08B1A7B3EB094288A34F410547833A73.jpg[/IMG]
Old 11-03-2006, 12:35 AM
Scott H.
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Where Do These Go??

Those are spring band clamps that help keep the leafs lined up with each other. You should have these on the stock spring pack as well. One pair clamp the three longest leafs on the forward end of the spring, One pair clamps all 4 leafs on the front side of the spring perch. The last pair clamps the longest two leafs towards the rear of the car. one short travel springs I like to have them close to the end of the shortest leaf, to maximize their holding power.