Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Questions, questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 02:38 PM
72351CJ
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Questions, questions

1. Ok Ive gotten the side rallye stripes done and the trunk stripe done. Im leaving the spinners on until the normal centers come in.

2. I have noticed alot of different ads for the bushings, just looking for the best ones to use, polyeurethane I have been told is the best to use.. Im having a mustang shop do the repair, as it is a little more than I could handle.

3. I have ordered the replacement door speakers from Virginia classic mustang. The car only has the two door speakers and a spot on the dash for one more. I was thinking of placing two 6x9 speaker boxes in the trunk under the top area for a little better sound. I only listen to oldies and adult contemp. So no Booming radio..

4. I am having a hard time locating the center grill support & the sport lamp sockets and wiring..
Any ideas?

We are finnishing the restore by adding only factory optioned parts (new grill & stripes ect.)
I would like to find the stock steering wheel to replace the Grant wood one, there where 3 different styles of steering wheels for the 71-72 models...

I found this place that makes the decal stripes for ford vehicles & thier authorized by ford to make & sell the stripes, http://www.graphic-express.com/01_ford_restoration.asp

I will post the next set of pics including the int soon.

Old 11-28-2006, 10:34 PM
Colorado_Mustang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Questions, questions

You can use the center support from a '73, just unbolt the extension. And, I'm sure I have a spare. I'll have to double-check the convertible to see if that's still there. No help for the sport lamps, though.

I may have a decent steering wheel, too. Though it will need some resto work... I'll check that, too.
ORIGINAL: 72351CJ
4. I am having a hard time locating the center grill support & the sport lamp sockets and wiring..
Any ideas?

We are finnishing the restore by adding only factory optioned parts (new grill & stripes ect.)
I would like to find the stock steering wheel to replace the Grant wood one, there where 3 different styles of steering wheels for the 71-72 models...