Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Ol' Yeller got damaged

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 05:16 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

Default Ol' Yeller got damaged

I went to Houston a few days ago to be with my brother who went through open heart surgery, and had to park my 65 in front of his house on the street. It is a quiet neighborhood, so I figured it would be OK. So, I locked it up, turned on the alarm and went to bed. Well, this morning I started to get in it to drive it to the hospital and found this. I tried to push out as much of it as I could, but it is going to need some serious body work. From what I could tell, it appears someone kicked it in. There was no evidence of another car running into it, just a mark that looked like the heel of a shoe. I am just sick. I have already had one estimate of repair of $1,100.00

[IMG]local://upfiles/10034/ADC8CDAA45444CCAAC228FC7CF459EEF.jpg[/IMG]
Old 11-08-2006, 05:19 PM
Halz5
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Ol' Yeller got damaged

Wow, that really sucks. Your brother doing better atleast?
Old 11-08-2006, 05:23 PM
badazz68stang
2nd Gear Member

wow soaring, man im sick just thinkin about somebody doin that. What kind of senseless idiot would go and kick a car. Hope your brother has a good recovery.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:37 PM
65mojoe
4th Gear Member

That sucks, sorry glen!!! I find it hard to believe that there is someone senseless enough to just go and kick a dent that severe into some strangers' car. Even though it didn't leave any paint residue, that could also easily be some moron that backed into you or something. When you parked it, were you near any driveways or such?
Old 11-08-2006, 05:39 PM
green_blurr
3rd Gear Member

Yeah probably some social derelict you know the kind of person that should be ground up for food and fed to all the smart people.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:47 PM
Jamison
1st Gear Member

I feel your pain.... I work in a bowling alley part time and I will never park my mustang there. ive had my honda civic dented up by a bowler who bowled bad in a tournament and decided to take it out on my honda by launching a bowling ball into the pass side door. I also have a fairly new 05 dakota 4x4 that someone backed into the bumper at the bowling alley and never said anything he was probably drunk . $485 dollars for a rear bumper without installation. yikes. the truck was my first ever new vehicle and it only has 5k miles on it so im forking out the cash on it.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:52 PM
65mojoe
4th Gear Member

My 5.0 got his about a month ago, I parked it in a library lot across the street from my buddies house so we could go to goodguys. When I got back, there was a beautiful 10" dimple right infront of the rear wheel well lip. People don't take responsibility for anything these days, its sickening.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:58 PM
Grimm
2nd Gear Member

Only a jealous sh%$head would do something like that to some one elses ride. I don't care how mad you get. You don't take it out on another man's ride.

Hope you brother is OK.
Old 11-08-2006, 06:06 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

It would be almost impossible for someone to back into it. There are no driveways anywhere near across from where it was parked. It clearly looks like the heel of a shoe. There is no way I am going to pay someone $1,100 to repair it, so I guess I will just do it myself. It may take all winter, but I will do it right.
It doesn't really surprise me that it was done though. My brother lives in a fairly new neighborhood, but the neighborhood is made up of what I consider folks who don't raise their children right. The Rap/hiphop music wafting from their homes and cars may give you a hint. I was driving my nephew's 02 GT back from the hospital a few days ago, and had to pass by a middle school on the way home. School had just let out, and there were kids all in the street about 4 blocks from the school, so I had to go really slow to not hit one of them. I honked my horn to warn them I was approaching, and they just turned and looked at me and kept up their slow swaggering pace in the middle of the road with their saggy pants showing their underwear.
My brother made it through the by-pass heart surgery just fine. He will be in the hospital for another week or so, then will have a long road of recovery facing him. Thanks for your thoughts.
Old 11-08-2006, 06:23 PM
Grimm
2nd Gear Member

Kids now a days. Ir's the parents fault for not kicking the crap out of them! And for not teaching them to respect others and of course other peoples preperty! I tell you. I got my butt kicked more than once growing up, but I got the point and it made me a better man for it!!!!!
Glad your brother is doing well.
And I guess you are going to take your time on that fender? All winter seams like a lot of time.

Quick Reply: Ol' Yeller got damaged