Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

paint and body

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2006, 07:08 PM
valley firearms
5th Gear Member

Default paint and body

I was in the hospital for 4 days with a infection in my leg. While in there my daughter brought me this magazine. It is HOT ROD's "Do-It-Yourself series" on Paint and Body. It just covers the basics of prep and paint and is a good read. I found it to be informative. Anyone starting or is in the process of doing bodywork on their car should get this. You have to read the whole magazine from start to finish to understand the process.

[IMG]local://upfiles/21693/841EA22FCB7B4C219B659D7409215870.jpg[/IMG]
Old 11-18-2006, 07:40 PM
noroof66
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: paint and body

That must have been painful. How's the leg now?
Old 11-18-2006, 08:07 PM
Shifty101Easy
5th Gear Member

hmmm i looked at the book store and grocery store and didnt see it....looks really cool though.
Old 11-18-2006, 08:21 PM
valley firearms
5th Gear Member

Nice ride noroof66. I love the color and the wheels look very nice.

It all started will feeling like I bruised my thigh. The next day I could hardly walk. I went to the ER and they did x-rays, ultrasound and then put me on IV antibiotics every 8 hrs(which usually took 3-4 hours by the time it was finshed). That lasted three days. Then they performed a cat scan. I didn't like when they injected me with the dye.They then moved me to the next higher strength antibiotic. After that wasn't working they put me on the super-dooper antibiotoc. That didn't work so they cut my leg open and admitted me into the hospital. I hated laying in bed for days. We had a big windstorm while I was in. It blew their satalite dish away and I was left without TV for a day and a half. My portable garage that my mustang was in also blew down my driveway. It is pretty torn up and is still laying upside down until I can get outside to flip it over. My wound is open and I have to rinse and pack it twice a day. They want it to heal from the inside out. It's weird shoving the strip of gause into the hole with a sterile q-tip. There's more to it but that's it in a nut shell. Thanks for the concern and I'm sure it will heal up just fine. And yes, it hurt like hell before they cut it open and drained the infection.
Old 11-18-2006, 08:25 PM
valley firearms
5th Gear Member

One great section in the magazine is panel alignment. And of cousre they used a 67 fastback as the example.
Old 11-18-2006, 08:48 PM
Shifty101Easy
5th Gear Member

[:'(]

im thinkin im gonna go puke maybe....that sounds friggin awful....

how did it get infected in the first place?
Old 11-18-2006, 09:01 PM
valley firearms
5th Gear Member

It is a staph infection, There were no scratches or puctures so it must have intered in my bloodstream. I'm sure me being diabetic helped[:@]
Old 11-18-2006, 09:11 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

yeah i was admitted a few years back to the hospital for an infection that started around my temple(probably from handling raw chicken and it got into a scratch) they put me on high dose antibotics also cause the infection spread to what is referred to as the danger zone(if u make a triangle over your mouth and nose its this area)becauise that is a direct path to the brain i was swolen from my scalp above my ear to above my eye was swolen shut on the left hand side and it had started to swell around my upper lip. i was checked for diabetes(it runs in my family on my mothers side) but that came back negative
Old 11-18-2006, 09:24 PM
valley firearms
5th Gear Member

Wow, you're are lucky to be alive.

If anyone wants the body alignment article just e-mail me. I scanned it to a PDF. My address is woosley@alaska.com.
Old 11-19-2006, 12:19 AM
andrewmp6
6th Gear Member

that sucks glad your ok i think i read that article before best body tools are body hammers spoons dollys and a slide hammer the old drill bit trick to puting the hood back after you got it aligned does work

Quick Reply: paint and body