Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Dwell/Tach/Timing Light

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 11:07 PM
67Sally
4th Gear Member

Default Dwell/Tach/Timing Light

I need something to tune the Mustang with and the guy I talked to the other day was really stressing a purchase of a Dwell/Tach/Timing Light. How often do you guys use yours though? The Christmas list is getting kind of cramped and This is all I can find. Are there any cheap alternatives? Do you guys use yours much at all or would I be okay just borrowing one from someone?
Old 11-29-2006, 11:18 PM
alz
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Dwell/Tach/Timing Light

Thats a pretty expensive setup, nice though. Unless you're racing, I think its overkill. I check my timing once a year, if that. Dwell only needs to be set when you replace points. If you have the Pertronix solid state setup, you don't even have to do that. I think thats over kill. I'm sure you can find something more economical at Sears.

Al
alz
1st Gear Member

Thats a pretty expensive setup, nice though. Unless you're racing, I think its overkill. I check my timing once a year, if that. Dwell only needs to be set when you replace points. If you have the Pertronix solid state setup, you don't even have to do that. I think thats over kill. I'm sure you can find something more economical at Sears.

Al
alz
1st Gear Member

Al
alz
1st Gear Member

Al
Old 11-29-2006, 11:19 PM
alz
1st Gear Member

Al
Old 11-29-2006, 11:21 PM
alz
1st Gear Member

Thats a pretty expensive setup, nice though. Unless you're racing, I think its overkill. I check my timing once a year, if that. Dwell only needs to be set when you replace points. If you have the Pertronix solid state setup, you don't even have to do that. I'm sure you can find something more economical at Sears.

Al
Old 11-29-2006, 11:22 PM
alz
1st Gear Member

ooops, sorry about that. Have no idea how that happened.

Al
Old 11-29-2006, 11:42 PM
67Sally
4th Gear Member

Thanks. I didn't know where to look but now that you recommended Sears how does This look?
Old 11-30-2006, 12:05 AM
ideal_mustangs
4th Gear Member

That looks pretty good for the dwell and things like that, but it won't do timing. You need a timing light for that

Quick Reply: Dwell/Tach/Timing Light