Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Day 4 - Floor pans in.

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 10:46 PM
Bulldog66
3rd Gear Member

Default Day 4 - Floor pans in.

Day 4 in the books. Seat pans in place and welded. Picked up 3 pieces of the interior. The driver side seat frame was broke in a couple places so I had to go pick them up, come back to the shop and weld them then take them back to the upholter shop.

That put me behind yet again. You'd think the guy would have called me, but oh well. Not gonna **** him off till I have everything in my hand and have paid him.

Got kick panles sanded, primed and ready for paint. Finished up prep'n the under side for under coating as well. Tomorrow I will get everything under coated after I pick up the driver seat and make sure its a correct fit.

I'll use a normal truck bed liner material. It's an easy process to apply and after talking to my friend and a couple shops, this is a cost affective alternative that will last forever.

I took some pics this morning before I got started welding the seat pans and it was late (dark ) when I finished up so I didn't get any with the seat towers in place.

Anywho - here they are.

Old 12-06-2006, 11:18 PM
eZ
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Day 4 - Floor pans in.

interior looks great...good job on the floor pans...i am so nervous to tear my carpet out even though my car doesnt have much rust
Old 12-06-2006, 11:42 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

Outstanding. Now, get that tunnel POR-15'd, and the welds seam sealed, and you can put the carpets back in and take Mama for a ride.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:44 PM
eZ
5th Gear Member

soaring where do you buy por-15, i went to the auto parts store and asked for it today and they looked at me like i was speaking german
Old 12-07-2006, 12:24 AM
Shifty101Easy
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: eZ

soaring where do you buy por-15, i went to the auto parts store and asked for it today and they looked at me like i was speaking german

order it from por15.com
Old 12-07-2006, 02:06 AM
THUMPIN455
5th Gear Member

Looks good to me! Jealous of you guys who can still work outdoors in December. I am tryin to figure out how to get enough heat in the shop so I can spray primer and paint on the front end. Paint needs 50F to react, currently its in the teens in the shop.

can I move in with you for the winter? know anyone with a semi that likes to drive around?
Old 12-07-2006, 03:10 AM
eZ
5th Gear Member

78F here in california yesterday
Old 12-07-2006, 09:20 AM
Bulldog66
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: THUMPIN455

Looks good to me! Jealous of you guys who can still work outdoors in December. I am tryin to figure out how to get enough heat in the shop so I can spray primer and paint on the front end. Paint needs 50F to react, currently its in the teens in the shop.

can I move in with you for the winter? know anyone with a semi that likes to drive around?

You're welcome to fly south for the winter, however, here's the *shop* I've been working in. My friends 36' Buickis in the garage while we work on mine. It's in the beginning stages of assembly and has alot of stuff that does not need to be in the weather so we just keep it inside.

It was 70 yesterday, suppose to be mid 60's today. We're suppose to get our first hard freeze Fryday, however, so I need to be where I can get the car off stands and moved inside.

Old 12-07-2006, 12:10 PM
Grimm
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: eZ

If you have a flebay account you can get it through there store at the same price you get it from por 15
Old 12-07-2006, 03:58 PM
Shifty101Easy
5th Gear Member

do u mean buy por15 on ebay instead of just buy it for the same price?

Quick Reply: Day 4 - Floor pans in.