Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

I need help on pricing please!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 01:20 PM
Lukony

Default RE: I need help on pricing please!

I see what you are saying, but I already drive my dad's car that he use to drive all the time. The emotional value is in the car. I just have no where at all to put it since I will be living in dorms. Unless I could somehow fix it up for a couple thousand within 8 months then I have no choice but to sell it. I am not sure if that is even possible since I don't know where to start. Plus, if I am not going to fix the car up it should atleast go to someone who will restore it to its glory.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:27 PM
grruminator78
4th Gear Member

You don't have anyone in your family willing to house the car for you? I'd just hate to see someone give up so easily.... what kind of car are you driving now if you don't mind me asking?
Old 12-13-2006, 01:29 PM
Lukony

I have an extremely small family and the larger portion is up in Canada. Right now I am driving a 90 civic hatchback. Do any of you think that if I were to join a car club around here that I might find someone that would be willing to help me labor wise with fixing the car?
Old 12-13-2006, 01:31 PM
spanish mustang
1st Gear Member

AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM
For those of you who dont know what that means its latil for "Find a way to do it or make one".

What car is that he used to drive all the time? Whatever it is im sure there is more emotional value in the mustang.

You can restore it to good condition within a few months, find out what it is mechanically. Its obviously up to you, you can have a beautiful classic mustang for a small outlay or you can sell it.....

Ill but out now.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:33 PM
grruminator78
4th Gear Member

In my experience there is always someone willing to help out and point you in a good direction for projects, maybe as a going to college gift you could talk someone in your family into paying for a storage unit and locking that pony up unil you're ready to work on it. Get a summer job or whatever when you're home and not in school and work on it a little at a time then. I'll tell you this, once you accomplish something yourself no matter how small of a job, it gets you going, making you want to work on it more.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:36 PM
Lukony

I also have to consider that I would be driving around san francisco in this gas guzzler.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:48 PM
grruminator78
4th Gear Member

[sm=dontgetit.gif]...keep both..
Old 12-13-2006, 01:59 PM
spanish mustang
1st Gear Member

I know i siad id but out but... a 90 civic will never have as much emotional value as a mustang, wouldnt you rather be driving around in a cool car?

As grumminator says, there will always be someone around to help you maybe not with labour but definately on how to do it, you can also get friends to help and Im sure someone in your family has a garage or space on their drive. You can leave it on a drive wrapped in plastic.

Bullit was shot in san francisco, so whats the problem? You can always sell the civic when you finish the must

But hey if you arent a car person and dont care, I understand that. good luck

How I wish I lived in the USA, could get a few mustangs for my money!
Old 12-13-2006, 02:05 PM
ford65stang
2nd Gear Member

if you dont really like the mustang....and dont see yourself ever wanting to drive one....then yea sell it....but you can try to see if you can get it running....
you have a True California car....if later in life you want a mustang like this.....you may never find it.

For me.....i also didnt know a damm thing about mustangs.....mine sat in our driveway for years parked.....sinse 1992. My dad had it in 69. So i always wanted to take it to prom and stuff.....well that never happend....but as you work on it. The more knowledge is learned....its not that hard. just takes time. But now my car (dad's car) is getting put back together. After i did a major teardown....But your stang is in way better condition.....it did run recently (3 years )......mine sat to long and the freeze plugs popped out....and i got a new engine.

As stated above.....
get a battery ( or charge the old one )
go buy stating fluid ( like 2 bucks)
and try to start it.....

But in anycase it is up to you....but you do have a great opptunity in front of you....

maybe ill just store for ya...ill find a place to store it....maybe ill just buy it off you...and then store it.....and if you change your mind and i havent done anything to it.....you can buy it back at what i paid.....
I guess what im saying is just REALLY think about it.....before thinking that you have no place to store it....think if you want to drive it one day....IF yes...you WILL find a way to get it in storage.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:10 PM
Lukony

Ya, all I have to do is drive down the streets like in bullet lol. If I can find someone to help me and I can do it for under 5000 then I will probably do it.

Quick Reply: I need help on pricing please!