Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

looking for more performance

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 05:28 PM
Halz5
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: looking for more performance

defensive
Old 12-13-2006, 06:54 PM
68convt

i just dont get y someone would get mad at me for trying to come here and learn...i appreciate him straightening me out...and i apologize for getting defensive...but im learning...take it easy
Old 12-13-2006, 07:02 PM
middiepride
2nd Gear Member

if you lookin for cheapest seat of pants feel go new manifold and carb option. veeery easy newbie job. cam a bit more involved but still kinda easy and definitely cheap. you can completely change how your car performs. get trak-lok or detroit locker if you want a cool both wheel burnout, not one wheel. not necessary yet though. if you've got more money get aluminum head. edelbrock are good for money-1000 assembled pair and afr/twisted wedge are top **** but they run about 1400- and up as assembled pair. just ask away and have fun man
Old 12-13-2006, 07:35 PM
grruminator78
4th Gear Member

coast high stroker kits are purty decently priced
Old 12-13-2006, 07:48 PM
Aussie66Fastback
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 68convt

http://proformanceunlimited.com/specs/302_300drop.html <----thats my engine
THat sounds nice. It is a recent new engine right?
What diff ratio is in the car now. If it has the 300hp they claim, it should feel pretty snappy to drive unless it has a diff ratio 3 or below.

if it does, you can blow your $2k on heads and cam and be very disappointed with the result.

Similarly, if you make it go faster without due consideration to brakes and suspension, you will either end up wrapped around a larger object (which may be stationary or moving) or also end up disappointed that you cant enjoy the power due to the limitations of the rest of the car.

IMO you should consider a "whole of car" plan before modifying what should be a sweet engine
Old 12-13-2006, 08:47 PM
Yonco
3rd Gear Member

Im in the learning boat to man! And supposedly by my house ur supposed to run an exhaust... I learned that if you dont.. the cops come... One came today and told me 4 people already called since i got home from work and started it( only 30 mins) but damn... do i love the sound of open headers... the cop Loved cars and just told me to put her back in the garage, So i did, making sure i got it up to 6k RPM while starting her up and taking her in... Sorry to hijack ur thread, btu thats my off site learning experience. -Jon
Old 12-13-2006, 08:53 PM
eZ
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 68convt

i mean...i could be wrong...but i was under the impression that part of the purpose of this site was to learn...if im wrong...plz let me know
I SAID HEADS ARE NOT HEADERS...NO ANGER BEHIND IT...WE ARE ALL HERE TO HELP YOU, YOU WILL FIND ALL YOU EVER NEED TO KNOW ABOUT BUILDING CAR...AND FROM THIS POST I CAN TELL YOU ARE A TEENAGER, BUT HEY WE ARE STILL HERE TO HELP.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:03 PM
Yonco
3rd Gear Member

Um.... the point is.. dont use caps man.. that shows anger... OK - Jon
Old 12-13-2006, 09:03 PM
Aussie66Fastback
5th Gear Member

hey eZ
maybe you should turn your CAPS LOCK off then he wont think you're SHOUTING at him!!
Old 12-13-2006, 09:51 PM
LCC
4th Gear Member

I agree with Aussie66Fastback. Check you rear end ratio and the best bang for your buck would be in the gear upgrade. Check out the faqs on how to check the ratio and lets know what it is. The other thing is if its a open 9" (one wheel peel) and you want to kind-of cheep out, you can get a carrier ouy of a truck, but you know that you get what you pay for.

Quick Reply: looking for more performance