Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Shall I buy this mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 09:03 AM
spanish mustang
1st Gear Member

Default Shall I buy this mustang?

What do we think? How much would it be worth more or less in USA?

Its a 1965 200bhp 4.8l V8 with rebuilt auto box and a/c for $17.680 (the car is in Europe)

Another thing is Ill be using it as a daily driver and may need to make some changes to make if safer, by the sounds of things I wont need to upgrade to disks but will see what its like when Ive driven it for a while, might install 3 point seatbelts and will probably change the wheels for some nicer ones. Would this be destruction of an original classic and I should therefore look for one which isnt in such good condition?

These are all the details I have so far, can anyone tell me anything else about the car by looking at it? Does it have disks? Is it a good engine?
Old 12-17-2006, 09:24 AM
andrewmp6
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Shall I buy this mustang?

to me maybe 5k or 6k they really have no price its just up to whos buying it how much they got
Old 12-17-2006, 09:39 AM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

It's a plain Jane 289 2 barrel engine with a C4 automatic transmission. The wheels and hubcaps are original as is everything else on the car. Here in the states, that car would be worth well below 10 thousand USD, but what they are worth in Spain, who knows? Sure looks like a good straight original car though.
Old 12-17-2006, 12:45 PM
paddy187
4th Gear Member

That stangs at De Lier if i am not mistaken, it's on a dutch plate, After mid jan i could take a look for you if you want unfortunatly I am too busy before then sorry. Are you sure it a 65 as the chrome trim on the rear quaters are from a 66 and the grill too. The car i don't think has front discs, looking at the brake pedel, but that doesn't mean I am correct, as for the price...Mine was 10K euros, last year no A/c so i think it a little high i would say a good offer between 11-12k euros. I talked to an american at work and he imported his car from cali this year and that was only 1k euros in shipping to the netherlands.
Old 12-17-2006, 01:03 PM
spanish mustang
1st Gear Member

Hi Paddy I was looking forward to what you had to say, being a fellow european and all....

It is indeed in De Lier at Joop Stolze's Classic cars. Im looking to buy it around Jan/Feb so if you could have a look at it then for me Id very very very much appreciate it!

It says its a 65, to be honest I dont know the differences between 65 and 66 yet, so if you say its a 66 it must be a 66. It is the colour and spec I want and is in very good condition, I am still considering importing one from USA. He paid 1k euro to ship it? What about taxes and any other fees?
Old 12-17-2006, 01:46 PM
paddy187
4th Gear Member

He, some how didn't have to pay taxes as he had been driving the car (BMW 330) in the US for 2 years and bought it brand new so he didn't pay tax. I will see if i can catch him this week and get more info.
Old 12-17-2006, 01:59 PM
MustangPammie
3rd Gear Member

That is one ugly color.

(don't take it personally -- mine is the same ugly color).

I'd say it's a '66 by the grill, the side, and my interior is just about identical sans the a/c. Oh wait, I don't have dual exhaust.

But damn, I want the truck behind the 'Stang.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:17 PM
plainsmen
2nd Gear Member

I'd say it's a '66 as well.

I've a '65 and this is what my gauge console looks like:

I believe the change in gauge console came with the '66... the '65's still have the Ford Falcon looking speedometer unless maybe someone changed yours out.
Old 12-17-2006, 03:34 PM
Gun Jam

yeah I have a 66 and I 3rd that (i think its 66 too)

Gun
Old 12-17-2006, 03:37 PM
thestang66

yea, its deffinitly a 66, unless some1 for some reason switched everything out( grill, side vents, ect)

Quick Reply: Shall I buy this mustang?