Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Got my engine work done!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2004, 06:24 AM
SCRATCHY30
2nd Gear Member

Default Got my engine work done!

Check out my cardomain profile, and look at my newest engine pic! (it's in my signature)

So how does it perform, very good, big difference, I wasn't expecting it to be this much better. When I picked it up, I fired it up and it was much louder, and upon revving it, the car shook a lot more. As I put it in reverse I hit the gas like I did before, and it just burned rubber, same with when I put it in drive, gotta get used to it. But it is a lot funner to drive, and a lot faster. The response and torque has improved greatly as well, barely tap the gas, and it really jerks you good, fun stuff.

so the upgrades I got were, a new water pump, oil filter, new bolts

Anyhow the real deal parts were Edelbrock brand, the consist of: a Double timing chain, 600cfm performer carb (chrome), new manifold, and cam and lifters, also a air cleaner.

Ya, before my car had the stock manifold and the stock Carb, they were pretty old.

So ya, I am really happy about my car getting better.

I still need to do a few things, get a shift kit, and distributor sp? a new coil spark plugs and wires. Then it will be all done, can't wait to get that shift kit though happy
Old 09-14-2004, 08:03 AM
horseshoeing
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Got my engine work done!

Hard to see motor work. You see it when you drive it and hear it. Just think, people say 302,s are not fast. You can put a lot more in it and make it faster, but it sounds like it does pretty good now.

Now that your motor work is done, Work on making your frame alittle more stiffer. Make it handle better for the road, not to drag. Then your car will be fun.
Old 09-15-2004, 07:24 PM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Got my engine work done!

now I see why the other one went south