Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

NOT MY BABY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 02:28 AM
Smothers
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: NOT MY BABY!!!

srry dude
Old 01-11-2007, 02:29 AM
atomsk680
5th Gear Member

sue for every penny![:@]
Old 01-11-2007, 03:04 AM
19stang66
4th Gear Member

Yet another classic wrecked. This is getting depressing seeing all of these beauties getting destroyed recently. If it's only the drivers side fender and suspension that is wrecked I wouldn't total her, she's still salvagable. I don't know what i'd do with myself if my baby got wrecked. Good luck with everything.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:50 AM
andrewmp6
6th Gear Member

give me her addresse ill shot the idiot from the looks of the pictures its totaled get the max you can out of it was she on a cell phone or one of them types that cant drive and shouldnt have a licenses
Old 01-11-2007, 04:00 AM
THUMPIN455
5th Gear Member

Man when I get any of my cars done, meaning body work done, painted, essentially a ground up rebuild, and some brain donor does that.. well since its my fault insurance here in Michigan, I think I might be doing some time for assault or worse. if I screw up thats one thing, but someone being a moron and hitting my car that I just rebuilt, well.. it wont be purdy.

Dont let them total it. It can be rebuilt. If my 71 can be rebuilt, so can that one. Dont just accept what they tell you, because parts for our cars dont exactly come cheap they will try to lowball you so they dont have to fix it. It isnt a burning hulk on the side of the road, it wasnt hit by a train. Dont let them brush you off.

A friend of mine had some brain donor hit the back end of his 70 GTO convertible, they are fixing his car. It had been out of the paint shop for less than a month when an older nearly blind guy hit it at a stoplight.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:28 AM
Galactusz
4th Gear Member

Dude, that's HORRIBLE!!!

I'll be so mad..........

I'm so sad as well, look at your beauty, destroyed, what a friggin' bummer, man.

I hope you take that girl's parents to the cleaners, and it it's totaled, make sure to strip that car bare and use all the good unharmed parts.

Damn, I'm livid, that's so frustrating and sad.
Old 01-11-2007, 08:24 AM
Bulldog66
3rd Gear Member

I'm glad to hear you are ok. I'm very interested to see how this ends up. Mainly because I want to see how the insurance company handles it. Unless you had an agreed value insurance policy, there's realy nothing to go on as far as the insurance goes. Replacement value is not heard of because the age of the car. Repair value is only what a shop will charge - there's no magical software program to check and have it tell the adjuster how much they can spend.

I sure hope your insurance does the right thing. I do know that if you were in FL and you didn't have an agreed value insurance policy, it's going to be a long road to get things right.

Good luck and please keep us posted.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:00 AM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

It appears that with a new hood, fender, valance, bumper and probably a new front suspension, that car can be brought back to life. It certainly is not in a totaled condition, so don't allow the insurance co. to talk you into it.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:05 AM
stangimgood
2nd Gear Member

WOW that sucks....sorry to see that....hope your O.K. you had it towed to your house...right? not to a tow lot....it looks to me like clu7ch was right about your back.....
Old 01-11-2007, 10:11 AM
68FastbackGT
2nd Gear Member

I am not a death penalty nut, but I think Mosaic law prescribes capital punishment for this very offence!

Quick Reply: NOT MY BABY!!!