Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Curious of your opinion...

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 12:16 AM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

Default Curious of your opinion...

Im stuck between two beautiful ladies and its driving me insane. A part of me wants to continue my efforts on the 67 but I also want to work on my 98. My 98 is only a 232 but it RUNS! I love working on my classic becuase they are so cool and I cant wait to have it running. But its practically a full blown restoration and Im decently poor. On the other hand, I have my 98 which I like too and is running, but I dont think I will ever appreciate it as much as the 67's 351. It's so much simplier working on a car that can move itself, but I wanna have both dammit...

Anyone else have multiple projects and limited funding?
Old 01-12-2007, 12:20 AM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

Default RE: Curious of your opinion...

the v6 for a driver while u restore the 67 ull be glad u did and when u finish the classic u can drop a 5.0 in to the sn95
Old 01-12-2007, 12:22 AM
6t9 stang
2nd Gear Member

keep te 67'. You know that if you get rid of it your going to be hitting yourself over the head for a long time.
Old 01-12-2007, 12:23 AM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

At the pace its taking me right now, it could be another good 10 years before its running. Also, the rings may be going out on one of my cylinders on the v6 so I might have to drop some cash on it anyways. Since tax season is here, I could drop in a stroker kit and get it all replaced while Im in there...
Old 01-12-2007, 12:24 AM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 6t9 stang

keep te 67'. You know that if you get rid of it your going to be hitting yourself over the head for a long time.
I wouldnt get rid of it, Id just put it on the back burner...
Old 01-12-2007, 12:26 AM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

if u need a new motor y not sell it pick up a tasty 5.0 notch well end up cheaper to get the 5.0 than a stroker motor
Old 01-12-2007, 12:26 AM
Yonco
3rd Gear Member

um,i havemultiple projects, but dont have a funding problem. I just dont want to go blow lots of money on cars because my parents will look at me wierd. They think 1000$ on heads is to much but what do they know! Anyways, i get what i want because im 18 and have a full blown job and make the $$ myself. My mustang is awaiting parts to be shipped so it can be running and my GTP gets parts also, but it is my daily driver so i dont want to mod it much. Keep it mid 13's then get the mustang lower than that<---- My plan. Take it slow! If i were you, id keep the 98 the way it is, then fix the classic, even if you have to do it cheaper, dont use all new parts, dont make it look so spiffy! Go junkyarding, get parts from craigslist. Go to some swapmeets and get what you need. I like the "old", "grundgy" looking cars. Because someone wanted to get it running, didnt have the $$ , but made the best of it, and made it work. That makes my day to see that someone made it work with what they had. And the feeling you get when u drive it, even if itisnt perfext just gives more to fix up in the future! Although it is nice to see a full blown resoration once in a while. And $$ for me isnt a problem because i live at home, but.. ill be getting a house in the next year so the projects will be slow then( so imma get them done now!) -Jon
Old 01-12-2007, 12:33 AM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

Lol, its just so hard not to get all these parts because I get free installation on everything. I work in a autoshop and have all the tools at my disposal and more knowledgable mechanics if I need their help. I should mention that I am in college paying my way, and pretty much living on my own. The 98 is going to need engine work done soon regardless and while I have the money, I just cant resist lol.

I know what I really want is my 67 rollin, but thats gonna take forever. Ive already dropped over 2k into it and I've barely done anything to it. It does have a rock solid body, so sheetmetal is finished, steering is finished, and Im working on suspension..but other than that, thats it. I have about half the engine in it too, but it needs drivetrain, electrical, interior, exhaust, brake, fuel, ignition, paint, etc etc...
Old 01-12-2007, 10:34 AM
ZZmustang
Banned

the 67 will do nothing but go up in value, the 98 will do nothing but go down in value.
Although, at some point a Million$ car has to be sold( you can't take it with you). so fix the 67, sell it , buy a car that you like and have change.
Old 01-12-2007, 11:50 AM
jes72mustang
2nd Gear Member

Limited Funding is my middle name. So I can truely relate to your situation being torn between to lovers.

I am 34, married with 5 (yes 5) children, my wife is in school for Dental assisting and only works part time right now. We have a mortgage two car payments and a ton of CC debt, so coming by money to work on my 72 is difficult, usually only what I get for my birthday or Christmas. And I save my change from lunch and so on.

I have considered a couple of time selling my 72 to pay on some of the CCs but then I think that car is paid for and it runs so it is really only costing about $100 a year for insurance to keep it. I will hold on to it because who know when I will get another chance to buy one.

Quick Reply: Curious of your opinion...