Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

it an exciting time

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 07:14 PM
THUMPIN455
5th Gear Member

Default it an exciting time

Just 20 years ago there was no internet. Computers were simply big calculators and very limited in the automotive world. It used to be you had to read something in a magazine or book, or know someone who knows what you are working with. Just ten years ago the internet was limited on what you could find, now everyone has a webpage or forum where you can find the obscure information you desire. With all of that information, sometimes you have to figure out what is correct info and what is bogus and just plain crap. That is the real trick to the net now, knowing what is not worthy of your time, and what is, because people have vastly different ideas, goals, and paradigms all over the world, and the internet is truly world wide. Maybe in another 20 years, everyone will be online, so we can talk about things like sensible people with like interests rather than getting heated and starting wars. Still with all the stuff available to us right now, its a good time to be alive and in the car hobby..

just learn to make your own fuel...
Old 01-14-2007, 07:23 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

Default RE: it an exciting time

i want to make my own ethanol and run 15:1 in the cleve
Old 01-14-2007, 07:25 PM
THUMPIN455
5th Gear Member

That and bio dieselare two projects waiting for me if I ever get the Fords back on 4 wheels with some semblance of paint on the flanks. I have a link on the other computer that tells ya how to do it, I should really save all that info before the oil companies have it removed..
Old 01-14-2007, 07:53 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

You first have to build a still, then grow some corn. This one doesn't look to be all that hard to build.
http://running_on_alcohol.tripod.com/id3.html
Old 01-14-2007, 07:56 PM
Yonco
3rd Gear Member

The internet is everything i ever knew... I started computers before they had cd roms on computers, young for me, and still remember dial up. But spend atleast 2 hours a day infront of the computer and 2 hrs on the cell, i guess thats a typical teen? -Jon
Old 01-14-2007, 09:01 PM
Decurion
2nd Gear Member

Oh God... dont even get me started on how old this intraweb thing has made me feel all of a sudden! Im only 25, but I had to retake a college freshman english class this semester (wouldnt transfer to university) and all of the kidsare constantly wired and online! The professor posted his xbox live and myspacename in the class syllabus! [sm=pcwhack.gif]
Old 01-14-2007, 09:25 PM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Soaring

You first have to build a still, then grow some corn. This one doesn't look to be all that hard to build.
Moonshiners...
Old 01-14-2007, 09:49 PM
farrellmotorsports

where i live in tennessee its pretty easy to get ahold of and not bad unless you get the sugar liquor which is just sugar and yeast distilled down thats what they make the money on but corn liquor is yeah its good..
Old 01-14-2007, 10:13 PM
atomsk680
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: baddog671

ORIGINAL: Soaring

Moonshiners...
there was an episode in season 1 of the dukes of hazzard where they made a fuel that would run in a v8 and they made it by distilling corn i believe
Old 01-14-2007, 11:08 PM
THUMPIN455
5th Gear Member

Ethanol is simpley grain alcohol. Just like moonshine, but you really dont want to drink it unless its been distilled for drinking. The stuff i am workin on wont be what you want to consume, but it will make a high compression engine run pretty well. Initially I wanted to make methanol, but ethanol is easier, cheaper, and will still take some compression all while not needing a bunch of special fuel system parts. Have alsso been considering wind energy, since I run the welder and air compressor quite a bit. I can get it from grass clippings, leaves, and a whole plethora of other sources, not just corn. Not many corn farmers up here anyway, back home corn is easy to get.. and grow..lol.

Who ever heard of a tree hugging drag racer anyway? In reality if we dont change our attitudes towards the environment, our children will have it much tougher and they may not be able to enjoy the hobby we all persue.
Even though my fuel and attitudes are green, I wont be driving a green car if I can help it. I just dont like the color on my cars..

Quick Reply: it an exciting time