Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

What color is this???

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 04:02 PM
gjz30075
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: What color is this???

Looks like Arcadian Blue from '67
Old 01-25-2007, 04:05 PM
plainsmen
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 68SCode4speed

ORIGINAL: jspagna1

I have a 66 with original color similar and its called Silver Blue? It is a nice color especially if you go with Torque Thust D wheels, nice contrast and vintage look.
Exactly my thoughts - we looked at lots of different color combos and that is what we chose to go with the paint. Right now it is yellow but we are going to paint it that blue.

Thanks Grumminator - excellent link.

[IMG]local://upfiles/44155/927B7D8D9B164838B087DB773154CF49.jpg[/IMG]
That blue your going to paint it will be nice I bet.... but you know.... for some reason I don't recall ever seeing a fastback like that in the "springtime yellow" That really looks freakin nice... the uniqueness really appeals to me for some reason. That color on a coupe is "meh" ok I guess... but yeah... on a fastback... it's just rare enough to look great.

I dunno.. that's weird.. I don't normally dig that color.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:02 PM
68SCode4speed
2nd Gear Member

Plainsmen - originally the car was Wimbledon White, the second owner painted it the current yellow. Don't know if that is Springtime Yellow but it sure looks like it.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:39 PM
colostang
2nd Gear Member

68Scode, I can't believe you want to paint that yellow car blue. I saw a picture of your car a few months back on this forum and in was one of the things that motivated me to rebuild mine. My 65' fastback was born Black but I have only known it as yellow in the 20 years I have owned it. Yellow fastbacks are beautiful. BTW I am no expert but I think yours may be Sunlight Yellow. Springtime has a slight green tint to it that has an almost dulling affect. Yours looks brighter to my eye. I was planning to go Phonecian Yellow with mine (which is the palest of the yellows) but have since been struggling with going back to black like she was born.

Please don't paint that yellow car blue! It inspired me!
Old 01-25-2007, 11:57 PM
68SCode4speed
2nd Gear Member

I remember your post with the pic of the car and wondering what yellow to paint it.Going back to black will look good - just LOTS of prep work. If you can feel it then you can definately see it once it is painted.

This yellow paint job is definately a 10 footer. The paint is good but the clear coat got dorked when it was drying by some guy pressure washing a nearby building and little droplets of water landed on the clear coat giving it little dimples. Not asplentiful or as deep as a golf ball but visible nonetheless.

The paint job is the VERY last thing we'll think about doing - but you'll have to argue with my wife on that one. She's sold on that blue. Means lots of blocking on my part thoughto get it ready. At first I wasn't smitten with the yellow paint but it has grown on me over the last couple of months. I don't really care - either way with me but I do think that the blue would look better... she also wants those subtle racing stripes put on it as well. You gotta love a woman who wants racing stripes on her classic!

I saved this pic to disk when I saw it - remember that post of this Mustang coming into get worked on at some shop. I thought that it looked great!

[IMG]local://upfiles/44155/9CDB060BE8834EC8847399BB4DB4D6DE.jpg[/IMG]
Old 01-26-2007, 04:21 AM
plainsmen
2nd Gear Member

I dunno.... we know Glen's is Springtime.... that could just be color adjustments on your digital camera but I think they look pretty close

Old 01-26-2007, 04:22 AM
plainsmen
2nd Gear Member

Sorry dude but that yellow you have on there is freakin sick... I'd never change it... blue fastbacks are a dime a dozen
Old 01-26-2007, 07:59 AM
68SCode4speed
2nd Gear Member

I don't think the color needs adjusting - it is definately a richer/darker shade of yellow. I didn't realize that Springtime Yellow was that light. I've seen that color up close before but not for quite a while. Hard to believe that you guys like that yellow so much - I was just so-so with it at first. It has grown on me though...
Old 01-26-2007, 12:03 PM
kalli
6th Gear Member

i just love it when you tell a girl "I bought a new car" and the initial reply is "what colour ?".
You're better off to obey and paint the thing blue .... ;-)

kalli
Old 02-03-2007, 06:51 PM
arthur
1st Gear Member

this is the car you meant:
1967 Ford Mustang Fastback VIN: 7R02C117766 Ford Brittany Blue w/ Porsche Silver Racing Stripes, Blue Interior $34,500

and this is the url you can find the info:
http://www.anthemmotors.com/67fastback.html

greetz
arthur

Quick Reply: What color is this???