Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Looks like Ford is headed for the outhouse

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 02:39 AM
Shifty101Easy
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Looks like Ford is headed for the outhouse

ORIGINAL: 68SCode4speed

Shifty - it totally affects them in new car sales too. WhenFOMOCO comes after hard working, loyal blue oval folks who have spread the Mustang and Ford name virtually everywhere what do you think they will do when it comes to purchasing a new car? Someday I'll be looking for a 3/4 ton truck - do you think I'll go look at the F-250's ?? Not a chance.
Keeping a current customer is much easier than winning over a new customer. Marketing 101
the average suburban family or average non-car enthusiast (more specifically, mustang enthusiast) is not keeping their ear to the tracks to see what ford is doing to its LOYAL but small (in the grand scheme of things) mustang fan base.....i read papers and the internet news daily and have yet to see anything on this anywhere....the only place u see it is on mustang and car enthusiast websites.....sure you might not go buy an F-250....but i bet the neighbors down the street with 4 kids and a boat and a house and all that crap are not going to give too much of a crap, or even KNOW ABOUT about your or anyone elses "silent" protest/boycott (silent because its not being heard in a national level, not because your not voicing your opinons), ya know what i mean?

besides, even before this was really happening, Ford was in trouble financially....i dont think this is the final stab in the back of the giant....more like a needle *****....an acupuncturists needle....sadly.
Old 01-26-2007, 02:45 AM
Brandontyler65
I ♥ Acer

ya honestly if they don't do something its gunna get worse really fast especially with the CEO and COO and all the big wigs looking to icrease their bonus and not the welfare fo the company as a whole
Old 01-26-2007, 03:30 AM
68SCode4speed
2nd Gear Member

Granted it's not pasted all over CNN but it sure does get noticed. I've spoken with all my friends about it - I am sure the word spreads to folks. Perhaps not on the level that national coverage gets but it does get around. Ialso think the company is way beyond help at the moment but I think that is the way that Ford wants it right now. Go to bankruptcy and then they can get the judge to impose draconian rules on the employees. It's nearly slave labor in the end. That is what the airlines did - hide behind the cape of the judge and let him meter out the rulings. Funny thing - The bankruptcy lawyer, James Sprayregan, who billed United Airlines over 900 million for his time alone is now teachinga class at Harvard Business School on the psychology of a bankruptcy and how to get the most concessions out of the employees. The judge in the UAL case iscurrently under investigation for bribery in another case -makes you wonder...
Old 01-26-2007, 03:49 AM
groho
4th Gear Member

I can vouch first hand, because I personally was impacted by corporate BS. Desperate companies are very willing to take desperate measures to save themselves. Why do you think the whole mustang, pony litigation is so important to Ford? It all comes down to revenue (money). You know what really sucks, is when Ford gets to the point of eliminatingexpenses (laying off employees), their UAW will be nowhere in sight to help the impacted employees.
Old 01-26-2007, 04:58 AM
longlive289s
3rd Gear Member

this is y my mustang will be my only ford car. i would buy ne mustang from ford just cuz i like em but wouldnt even glance at ne thing else they have.

bout to buy myself a scion tc
Old 01-26-2007, 05:44 AM
Shifty101Easy
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: longlive289s

this is y my mustang will be my only ford car. i would buy ne mustang from ford just cuz i like em but wouldnt even glance at ne thing else they have.

bout to buy myself a scion tc
if your gonna show ford whats on your mind at least get a BMW or something lol....
Old 01-26-2007, 05:47 AM
65mojoe
4th Gear Member

at least the scions are associated with toyota, who is about the only auto manufacturer right now that doesn't have their heads up their asses
Old 01-26-2007, 08:27 AM
Bulldog66
3rd Gear Member

I'm by no means any kind of business guru. Heck, I'm a wrench monkey, so, I can only comment on what I see.

Anytime a company is putting everything they have on the table for a loan is a sign of desparity. This is indeed their last atempt to do this w/out some kind of partnership. So, let's look a little deeper. Who in their right mind would soak up another industry that's suffering when the whole vehicle industry at a whole is questionable at best because of all the effin tree thumpers crying about anything they can for recognigition.

Lastly.

The in your face, drive by media will jump on any story they can and inflate it to sound and have a much larger impact than it is. For instance, look at that supposed killer of that little beauty pagent child. The media frothed at the mouth over that and it ended up being just a ball of **** in the end. But the media made it a total fubar.

I'm sure Ford is doing what's needed to be a profitable venture. Now if we can just get the effin media to stfu and let them do business, we'd be way ahead of the game.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:01 AM
Shifty101Easy
5th Gear Member

yeah....70% of what you hear is pretty much just hype anyways.....
Old 01-26-2007, 11:15 AM
67 evil eleanor
5th Gear Member

Most CEO's of majorAmerican corporations live in a Fantasy world. Often they forget about the rest of us.Wheres Lee at?Lets bring him back! Warranty, dependability, affordability and now high MPG is what is going to win in the market place now. This crap with the "Mustang" trade name infringementcertainly has impacted sales. Even if its only one percent or less, its a loss. And a loss is a loss. The Mustang was originally targeted for the younger generation and priced so that they could afford it. Seems like Ford needs to go back to the basics. Quality (with a real warranty) needs to be job one. Last summer, my wife and I was in the market for a new car. Andnaturally we werelooking at a new Mustang. The trademark issue and law suitedemands by Fordmade us so sick that we bought a Toyota. And yes it gets 50 MPG and a 8 year warranty. A few years ago I was at the Mustang's 40th in Nashville.Over a hundred thousand people was said attended. I would suppose now of they had the same event, the attendance would be about half. Advertising is getting your name out there in a positive manner. Looks like they blowed this one and are intent on beating the horse to death. Ford's better idea?Heres one.Start with removingyour head fromyour exhaust pipe.

Quick Reply: Looks like Ford is headed for the outhouse