Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Looks like Ford is headed for the outhouse

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 10:52 PM
Mustang Dad
2nd Gear Member

Default Looks like Ford is headed for the outhouse

Just listening to the news and it seems that FOMOCO has morgaged everything they have in an effort to restrcture their debt. Last I heard was that if they dont get thier debt under control they could be gone as an auto manufacturer by 2013. So...keep your Mustangs running and in good shape, they could end up being worth a lot more in the not to distant future.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:25 PM
EmperorOfChicken
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Looks like Ford is headed for the outhouse

they better last until may when i get my 07! if not imma be one piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissed ****.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:28 PM
67Sally
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mustang Dad

Just listening to the news and it seems that FOMOCO has morgaged everything they have in an effort to restrcture their debt. Last I heard was that if they dont get thier debt under control they could be gone as an auto manufacturer by 2013. So...keep your Mustangs running and in good shape, they could end up being worth a lot more in the not to distant future.
That's just the media getting people excited. They'll get national funding if they need it...remember Chrysler? Maybe they shouldn't be wasting their money on petty Mustang trademark lawsuits.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:33 PM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

hell they'll win a lawsuit from anyone trying to ****** up on the mustang name.

they NEED to build better interiors in ALL of their vehicles, stop being so damn cheap with the plastic (it seems cheaper than everyone elses cheap plastic) and offer warranties to match hondas, toyotas, etc.

i believe the warranties alone are killing them in the small/midsize car market as well as the suv market
Old 01-25-2007, 11:48 PM
68SCode4speed
2nd Gear Member

They've shot themselves in the foot by going after the "Mustang" parts sellers. No one will want to support such short-sightedness. Then again - just like the airline management, they might be using this as a tool to drive the company into bankruptcy so they can wipe out the employee retirement plans. It is simply a business tool to get what they want. Of courseupper levelmanagement will get their bonuses even if the company goes into bankruptcy...
Old 01-26-2007, 12:08 AM
67Sally
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: my77stang

hell they'll win a lawsuit from anyone trying to ****** up on the mustang name.

they NEED to build better interiors in ALL of their vehicles, stop being so damn cheap with the plastic (it seems cheaper than everyone elses cheap plastic) and offer warranties to match hondas, toyotas, etc.

i believe the warranties alone are killing them in the small/midsize car market as well as the suv market
+1000000...especially on the cheap materials.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:25 AM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

i read something that they were mortaging everything so they could buy up all the stock so they could become a privately held company again?
Old 01-26-2007, 02:13 AM
Shifty101Easy
5th Gear Member

i've heard everything you all said and most of its all pretty much people speculating and/or getting all excited over things that havent been proven....and as lame as it is for Ford to be starting lawsuits for its trademarks and stuff....the classic mustang restoration community and the other limited group of people effected are not really going to make a difference......i mean honestly, in Ford's potential customer population, what percentage is this effecting? less than 1% maybe?
Old 01-26-2007, 02:27 AM
Brandontyler65
I ♥ Acer

well if it does ruin them then the gov will bail them out cause they control alot of jobs but their stock will craish just like the airline stock and i will buy as much as i can afford i willl take out a loan to buy stock and that goes with GM too cause the gove will bail them out too but i willl be one rich ****
Old 01-26-2007, 02:27 AM
68SCode4speed
2nd Gear Member

Shifty - it totally affects them in new car sales too. WhenFOMOCO comes after hard working, loyal blue oval folks who have spread the Mustang and Ford name virtually everywhere what do you think they will do when it comes to purchasing a new car? Someday I'll be looking for a 3/4 ton truck - do you think I'll go look at the F-250's ?? Not a chance.
Keeping a current customer is much easier than winning over a new customer. Marketing 101

Quick Reply: Looks like Ford is headed for the outhouse