Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

My God, what a night. Tornado.

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 12:40 PM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: My God, what a night.

damn, yeah i heard deland got it pretty hard. im glad all is safe with you (cars and family in no particular order)
Old 02-04-2007, 04:10 PM
Wayne67vert
1st Gear Member

I live in Sanford, If you need any help please let me know, I have an F350 and a chain saw.
Our prayers are with you and everyone involved in this unfortunate happening.
Wayne
Old 02-04-2007, 05:05 PM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

wayne, +1 for you - thats mighty nice to offer your services to fellow stang'ers in need
Old 02-04-2007, 06:20 PM
Shifty101Easy
5th Gear Member

wow im glad everyone is alright. good thing i live in california....although....there is still eath quakes here....so its somewhat of a trade off.....
Old 02-04-2007, 06:23 PM
morg68stang
1st Gear Member

Glad to hear your family is OK. Your story sounds eerily the same as the one I could tell about a tornado I went through when I was six years old that nearly wiped my small hometown off the map. Fellas, he ain't kidding about the train. I just left Miami a few months ago where I went to school for two years. Six hurricanes later and I want no more of that state.

Old 02-04-2007, 07:10 PM
fastbackford351
Foghorn Leghorn

I appreciate the offer of assitance Wayne. I sincerely do. I have done what I can with a chainsaw and now I am left with the really big, intertwined and dangerous mess. I have put my name in the hat with my tree guy so I am in the rotation and he will get to me as soon as they get through with the emergency work.
Homeowners insurance does not cover tree removal except if it is on the house or another structure so I am going to have to kiss the baby for the cost of the tree work. Man that is going to be one ugly baby.

On another note, I heard on television about FEMA offering help with tree & debris removal so I went on their website last night and filled out the application through a rum soaked haze. This morning I get a call from FEMA informing me that there would be a representative out there in a couple hours. Sure enough, he came and went.

It looks like the only assistance I am going to be able to get will be a low-interest loan through the small business administration. Which, don't get me wrong, is all I need. I am perfectly content with that. There are thousands of people who need the grants, I do not. I have a warm and dry house and nothing to bitch about.

I am pretty much in a holding pattern until my tree guy gets freed up so Iam taking my chainsaw around the neighborhood and doing whatever I can. It is amazing to watch. People you never met but have lived among for years coming together to do whatever they can. It certainly renews your faith in the basic goodness of your fellow man.

Of course the sign on the gate stating that looters will be shot, and then shot again, and once more for good measure keeps the riff-raff out.
Old 02-04-2007, 07:15 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

Fox news reported 20+ got killed. Hellava' storm.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:52 AM
andrewmp6
6th Gear Member

as long as him and his family are ok thats all that matters cars are replaceable we aint
Old 02-05-2007, 01:05 PM
Pattie
1st Gear Member

I live here in mid west Ga. we were following the storms path and the destruction the following morning. You were blessed sir, prayers go got to all in the area.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:14 PM
90lxstang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FuzzyDiceRule

that sucks, but is the car OK?
We can all see where this guy's priorities are[8D] I am really glad I didn't get hit with anything other than huge non-violent gusts of wind all night, but I am also sorry it hit a neighboring area.

Quick Reply: My God, what a night. Tornado.