Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

IS THIS A DUMB IDEA?!?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 05:24 PM
65mojoe
4th Gear Member

Default RE: IS THIS A DUMB IDEA?!?

performance wise, it is not going to do much for you, unless your motor is built up a little to the point where it needs the extra airflow. ya ya ya, you're going to get colder, denser air, but you'll be accomplishing the same thing by just buying a K&N filter setup and get one of those Xtreme filter/lids.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:23 AM
jspagna1
3rd Gear Member

This is likewhat I have on my car:
K&N 14" x 3"Air Filter and Stubstack & the K&N Xtreme top. I also had to go with the HI-PO air cleaner because of hood clearance. I do have the Shelby style fiberglass hood so I do have fresh air coming through the scoop and through the Xtreme top.
Good luck.

K&N Stubstack[/align]

K&N Stubstak with the lower pan and K&N filter element.[/align]

The K&N Xtreme filter cover installed [/align]
Old 02-23-2007, 01:10 PM
superdavid
4th Gear Member

Is your intake.... bright purple?????
Old 02-23-2007, 01:12 PM
NuclearMuscle523
SCAM ALERT! This person is known around the internet for ripping people off. You've been warned.

cold air on a muscle car just wont work.... appearance wise..[:'(]
Old 02-23-2007, 03:32 PM
Rorin67
2nd Gear Member

Got to admit, that does look pretty trick (that is, the dual cold air intake on the yellow car). I bet my monte carlo bar would interfere with those hoses though...

Adrian - thislooks like abetter and more functional idea than the cold air intake in your original post. There must be a cold air source to get your cold air, and the thing you posted doesn't seem to do the trick.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:37 PM
ADRIAN1
2nd Gear Member

i didnt know about this other method before.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:47 PM
mikethebike
3rd Gear Member

There is a company in Canada that makes CAI systems for your car. Don't remember their name but the system looks like factory and has 4 in tubes that feed from the radiator support. Why not just install a 3 in cowl induction hood and seal it from under hood air. A huge advantage to this type CAI is that it is much les likely to take in water and hydraulic lock your engine.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:52 PM
mikethebike
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jspagna1

This is likewhat I have on my car:
K&N 14" x 3"Air Filter and Stubstack & the K&N Xtreme top. I also had to go with the HI-PO air cleaner because of hood clearance. I do have the Shelby style fiberglass hood so I do have fresh air coming through the scoop and through the Xtreme top.
Good luck.

Have you ever noticed how the water just dances around the center of your hood when you drive in the rain? There is a REALLY good reason NASCAR uses a cowl induction system and that is that there is very little if any 'ram-air' affect at the center of your hood. The GT-40 and the Daytona Coupeused the low pressure area in the center of the hood to evacuate air from behind the radiator!

K&N Stubstack[/align]

K&N Stubstak with the lower pan and K&N filter element.[/align]

The K&N Xtreme filter cover installed [/align]
Old 02-23-2007, 05:45 PM
boeing747arowair
3rd Gear Member

pink?
Old 02-23-2007, 05:56 PM
jspagna1
3rd Gear Member

[8D]I knew someone was going to think those were pictures of my car. No, my intake is NOT purple,it's aluminum.

And I don't have a problem with the rain on my hood beacuse I never drive my car in the rain. It would be especially difficult because I don't even have windshield wipers on my car.
Seriously,I'm just telling him what I run on my car. It's up to him to decide what he wants.Isn't that what these forums are for? I won't have to worry about anair cleaner at all if I Supercharge my car like I'm planning on doing in the spring!

Quick Reply: IS THIS A DUMB IDEA?!?