Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Say it Ain't So

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 05:17 AM
Brandontyler65
I ♥ Acer

Default Say it Ain't So

GM to Buy Chrysler
Old 02-22-2007, 06:16 AM
atomsk680
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Say it Ain't So

and with this, the world is forever changed

Old 02-22-2007, 06:41 AM
andrewmp6
6th Gear Member

they was talking to toyota
Old 02-22-2007, 01:38 PM
OhioMachIRunner69
2nd Gear Member

So one company that makes cheap looking crap is going to buy a company that makes better looking crap, yet it is still crap. Hmmmm...good luck to them.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:01 PM
toolwench
2nd Gear Member

If it goes through, I just hope it isn't the death of the Viper.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:16 PM
OhioMachIRunner69
2nd Gear Member

It wont be the death of Viper...GM needs a good sports car
Old 02-22-2007, 02:22 PM
toolwench
2nd Gear Member

If only GM actually realized that!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-22-2007, 02:35 PM
grruminator78
4th Gear Member

I thought the deal already fell through.
Heck ever since Dahmler got involved the chryslers started looking and feeling better. I love my 04 durango, and if my wife doesn't let me get another (newer) mustang (stupid one mustang rule) I'm gettin a charger.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:26 PM
THUMPIN455
5th Gear Member

Dodge does build crap, but they also have some better vehicles since the Germans bought them. The tend to make goofy stuff and niche vehicles. And the Viper probably wont be going anywhere.. its not like its a threat to the Vette anyway. This would really give me something to rip on my brother and dad about, since they are all Dodge 100% and wont drive anything else..

Apparently you guys havent driven any of the good cars GM builds. Also you must not have used any of the Duramax powered trucks. We have done back to back comparisons with the F250/350 and the Dodge 3/4 and 1 tons with the Duramax trucks of the same size, and the GM does it using less fuel..

Look into ZO6 and pretty much any Vette built since 97. They have won a few prestigious races and the LS7.R engine won the Global Motorsport Engine of the Year, an award given by polling 50 top engine builders in Europe, Japan and USA. They picked a pushrod 2 valve engine over all the DOHC 4 valve engines, even the 4.6L. Seems to have won its class at LeMans for the fifth time and 6 consecutive American LeMans championships. World class vehicle right there. I would say they have plenty of car, but of course you wouldnt since the Mustang rules all and the Ford GT is so much better. I know I have seen so many GT's just cruisin around that they must be making millions of them..

Show me a Mustang that can run with a stock 98-02 F-body and you will have shown me a car that uses alot more gas to make the same power. Those cars in stock form are capable of 26-31mpg highway and mid to low 13 second in the 1/4. Still havent seen a Mustang do that, certainly not a stock one.

Dont be blinded just because you like Ford. There are very capable vehicles out there made by every manufacturer, some are better than others at certain things, but in the real world its nice to have a quick car that gets great mileage. As for the plastic interiors, well Ford has plastic everywhere inside the car too. Its not like they have real wood in the Focus now is it? They might have real woodgrain in the Lincolns, but thats about it.

GM is screwin up no doubt, but not evrything they build is junk like it was from 1980-1997.. Its just those years put a hurtin on them even though they are building good cars now.. Still I wonder how they could buy Chrysler when they are bleeding money left and right.. Maybe they want to take Chrysler down with them and just leave Ford and the imports..
Old 02-22-2007, 03:29 PM
THUMPIN455
5th Gear Member

oh and the Solstice won the SCCA class B title over all the asian cars... finishing 27 seconds ahead of the second place Civic.. that much time in racing, is an eternity... but GM doesnt build good cars.. FYI, class B is a completely stock vehicle with a rollbar and safety items added.

Quick Reply: Say it Ain't So