Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

How do I get this ^#%#^*&*%^# out!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 08:21 PM
Levitan

Default RE: How do I get this ^#%#^*&*%^# out!!!

Hey bs,

Thanx! Finally got the new HEI distributor in last night with new plugs and wires. When you use the GM HEI style distributor, you have to use ACCEL style, diy wires, or you can go a cheaper route, like I did, and use big block GM wires. Saved about 1/2 the price, and I have to save anywhere I can cus I am over budget at this time.

Went to start it and no fuel. I have new pump, tank, and filter. Thought maybe I had a glitch in the tank installation, like a crushed hose or something. Nope. So, I ran a hose from the metal line back by the gas tank, down to a gas can. Turned it over, no fuel at the clear fuel filter. Hmmm. Removed line at inlet to fuel pump, install a short piece of hose, running down to a small gas can sitting on the ground by the driver's side front tire. Turned it over.....Viola!! Gas pumping into filter, motor starts!! So, apparently, I have blockage in the fuel line that runs beneath the car from rear to front. Tomorrow after work, I will be blowing compressed air through the line to see if I can unclog. Also, I will be visually inspecting evey inch of the line for crimps.

One thing I need to do is remove the distributor, turning it one tooth. After starting Eleanhorror today, I threw the timing light on it and could not get it to 6 btc because the vacuum advance was hitting the radiator hose.

All I know is I am way further along than I was 48 hours ago.

..................to be continued................
Old 09-24-2007, 06:43 PM
deadcarnahans
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dodgestang

Well....if your dizzy is that stuck....I would be worried about the rest of the motor.
Learn to speak English, please. Distributor is not 'dizzy'.
It's bad enough that this country is becoming Hispanic and no one seems to care, but people that are natural born citizens should set set a better example for the legal immigrants.

Gutten Tag...
Old 09-24-2007, 07:02 PM
Levitan

Hey Dead,

I hope you're joking. Your facts are right, but d@mn dude, it's shorter than typing distributor all the time. One more thing. You need to educate yourself on the proper way to spell guten tag.

Tschuss!!