Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Interesting alternative disc brake swap

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 10:22 AM
Daze
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Interesting alternative disc brake swap

$545 + shipping gets you EVERYTHING. I was able to buy a set of 64.5-66 spindles (I already have Granada discs on my car so I have all the other parts) for a very reasonable price. So many big name suppliers will not sell individual parts and make you buy the full kit or if they sell the individual parts they raise the price and sell them for almost as much $$ as the kit. This is NOT the case with www.discbrakeswap.com I was thrilled to be able to buy just the spindles. I have found that some of us who sell Mustang parts: Opentracker racing products, CSRP, Ultrastang, MustangSteve, Rosehill performance parts, and me DazeCars, Know what it is like to be trying to build a car with little to know money, and I think all of these sellers try diligently to keep prices as low as possible and quality at a premium.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:36 AM
jeffro22
1st Gear Member

do they offer a power brake conversion?
Old 10-04-2007, 12:21 PM
mySAVIOReigns
3rd Gear Member

yes he does. Dennis is a great guy, and his parts are top notch. He is a fellow member here on the board, and I think his name is CSRP or something similar
Old 10-04-2007, 12:51 PM
Daze
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mySAVIOReigns

yes he does. Dennis is a great guy, and his parts are top notch. He is a fellow member here on the board, and I think his name is CSRP or something similar

+1 except his screen name is "degins" not CSRP (the name of his business and the logo on his avatar)
Old 10-04-2007, 12:51 PM
RGH69
2nd Gear Member

Anybody done a rear disk brake swap? My sons 70 Mustang has disk fronts but drum rears.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:54 PM
Daze
3rd Gear Member

For quality rear disc brakes at a good price you have 2.5 choices. www.mustangsteve.com http://www.rosehillperformanceparts.com and www.ultrastang.com. I say 2.5 choices because the last two web pages are partners and you get the same stuff, same price, from either one.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:55 PM
xian67
2nd Gear Member

alright im going to talk to my dad about it. im almost 99 percent sure hell say yes. i mean commong 540? i alaways see these kits starting at 1000. and i was reading and saw this.

Note that you will need to adapt or refab your hard brake lines to accommodate the proportioning valve, the master cylinder, and the brake hoses.

how much would it cost to refab my hard brake lines?
and how much would it cost just to get new ones?
Old 10-04-2007, 05:58 PM
mySAVIOReigns
3rd Gear Member

depends. refab can mean a couple things. You can buy pre-flared specified lengths of line from your local auto parts stores, and then just bend them (I recommend this). Or, you can buy X feet of line, flare them, bend them, and put them on. I recommend the first option if you have no practice flaring the lines.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:57 PM
degins
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mySAVIOReigns

depends. refab can mean a couple things. You can buy pre-flared specified lengths of line from your local auto parts stores, and then just bend them (I recommend this). Or, you can buy X feet of line, flare them, bend them, and put them on. I recommend the first option if you have no practice flaring the lines.
Thanks for all the kind words guys. I agree with mySAVIOReigns, use the premade lengths. The cost to adapt the plumbing runs from about $10-$15. I include everything that is common to all iterations. I would includethe other piecesexcept there aretoo manyiterations dealing with power/non power brakeor combo/adjustable proportioning valve. Also, the refurb master cylinders are made from cores off many models of old Fords. The outlet sizes vary. I will soon beincluding new MCs and will have more control over the plumbing.

BTW, the current price of the SWAP.2 kit is $525 + S&H, not $545 + S&H.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:48 AM
TexasAxMan
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: degins

BTW, the current price of the SWAP.2 kit is $525 + S&H, not $545 + S&H.
I thought you had made a mistake on my order, your website still says $545. I wasn't gonna say anything until I got my kit.

Quick Reply: Interesting alternative disc brake swap