Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

pics of the 67

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 02:02 AM
390bigblock1
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: pics of the 67

looks pretty bad... but where did you get the black brake light cover things? or did you just paint them?
Old 11-08-2007, 02:56 AM
HGC
4th Gear Member

I see what you mean. I copied the picture to Photoshop and lightened it up some. How did the inside of the engine bay look? Were there holes or visable rust there? Mine looks clean and black without any patches but underneath I can see the coil spring covers are gone and under the front valance the turn signal housings. The floor pans and gas tanklooks fine from underneath on mine. I have not pulled the carpets but I did lift the trunk mat and it is clean there too. It is an Illinois/Indiana car but was always garaged or under a car cover and hadn't really left the garage much since 1980, so I am hopeful the cowl didn't get all crapped up. I am debating about pulling off the front fenders...is that much of a job?
Old 11-08-2007, 07:00 AM
6marc5
3rd Gear Member

Rust issues aside, thats going to be a sweet looking car.I really like the paint with the polished wheels,very sharp.The only bad thing is you prolly lost 15 HP when you took the wing off.[8D]
Old 11-08-2007, 08:43 AM
SalikDDD
3rd Gear Member

andrewmp6 - no i'm not from kentucky, the car is - i live in florida though.

390bigblock1 - no idea - the whole back plate was flat black when i bought the car in its original color.

honeygoldcoupe - not sure if it's that big of a job. my father who is helping me is also making me buy the new top support .. the 2 / \ that attatch to the shock towers in one piece to help line everything up. just taking off the whole front suspension (which isn't much) and cutting everything exact - just takes some time apparently. - hope to have it done within a week though
Old 11-08-2007, 02:24 PM
SalikDDD
3rd Gear Member

well heres the interior - it looks parchment? i don't know. looks white to me to be honest.

why hello there mr rust monster.[:'(]

i took the carpet out, the only place that wasn't replaced was on this side in the front. i'm going to cut it out and replace the panel up to the firewall. that's the only spot that's bad bad bad. everything else was replaced. whoever did it before used rivets which is dumb. i'm cleaning it all and welding it up as well as using the original sealant on it. same with the splash guards under the fenders, i'm re-primering them and sealing them up again. pick up the aprons and stuff this weekend.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:25 PM
SalikDDD
3rd Gear Member

oh btw how the HELL do you get the dash pad off? that thing is stuck on there, i can only get the sides up, i need to get in there to get the gauges and other dash pieces off so i can repaint the dash and replace those pieces - and the dash pad.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:07 PM
dozierstang
2nd Gear Member

Only two bolts hold the dash pad on there one on each side. Most of the old dash pads tend to stick to the metal frame. I took my pad off on the 67 and luck had it that there was no rust. Good luck.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:53 PM
65StangFB
2nd Gear Member

Salik,

What part of Florida are you in? It seems there are quite a bit of people from the widwest and Cali here.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:35 PM
SalikDDD
3rd Gear Member

dozierstang - yeah those were completely missing, but that dash is mad nasty stuck to the frame. i mean i think someone put gorilla glue on it. it's horrible.

65StangFB - hey - we live in Orange City - between Sanford and Daytona - seems like there aren't too many classic owners in Florida. good to see another one though

Old 11-08-2007, 07:02 PM
Wayne67vert
1st Gear Member

Your car looks great!, who did the paint?
I am in Sanford, just across the St John's river. I was in the junk yard off 17-92 on Wed. There was a '66, a '67 and a'68 in the yard. All in rough condition. There may be parts you can use. There was also a '67 Cougar.

Quick Reply: pics of the 67