Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

whats been going on guys?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 03:27 PM
atomsk680
5th Gear Member

Default whats been going on guys?

i havnt been on in a while, hell, pretty much none at all since august. hows the stang? you wondering, well i wish i could say 'she's great!' but the sad truth is, she isnt. i had it runnin for a lil while but then my water pump gasket sprung a leak or 10, and its becoming increasingly harder and harder to keep spending money on this car with more important things popping up in my life. and i cant keep fooling myself, i love my car, but financially it will be the fall of me. not too mention the absolute zero time i have nowadays too work on her. i would also like to think "if i sell it now i can get it again later on down the road" but face it, unless your making the big big bucks. right now is the time too buy before it gets any more expensive. heres my situtation. come july, i will be without a vehicle. and honestly, i need to sell it by then. what i would like too do is get myself in a newer 03/04 cobra, haha, but a gt would suffice really. at this moment, it is non running, but when i sell it i plan to have it running. now how much do you think i can get for the car, but the buyer is not only getting the car but tons and tons of goodies, heres my ad.

I have a 1969 ford mustang coupe with a 351 Cleveland engine. 4v heads with a mildly modded motor. it has a c-4 automatic transmission and a 8 inch ford axle. currently the car is primer grey. i have had this car about a year and a half, and have done so much work to it to not be able to enjoy it. i have spent well over $20,000 in new parts, replacement parts, and upgraded parts. i also have many parts in boxes that are waiting to be put on and will be sold with the car.

here are the specifications

Engine: 351C 4v, edelbrock 650cfm 4v carb, Lunati bracket master II camshaft, Weiand X-celerator single plane intake manifold. new oilpump, waterpump, pushrods, and aircleaner. engine does not run currently because of a bad water pump gasket. i will fix and get engine running before i sell.

Interior: Black leather vinyl seats. originally had standard black bucket seats(which will be sold along with he car) but i bought a pair of OEM black with red insert Mach 1 bucket seats and have them installed the car. i have a new carpet installed and have a spare carpet that is included with the car. i have also dynamated the entire floor, makes for a nice quiet ride inside. black humphugger console is installed. as for a radio i have an aftermarket ford cassette player that does work, but for extra i have a pioneer AVIC-N3 navi touchscreen for sale. there is also an aftermarket tach mounted on the steering column because the original guage cluster did not have an RPM tach. there is no headliner but i have one in box ready to be put in.

Body: when i bought the car there was some rust issues. i replaced 2 floorpans and fabricated the small area where the wheelwell meets the floorpan inside the cabin. i have pictures to prove everything i have done. i have replaced the drivers side fender and both doors. the old fender and doors will be included with car. i have also replaced the lower quarter panel on the passenger side of the car. i have all glass, all glass is original and not cracked.

Electricals: the old wiring harness was a complete wreck, so i replaced every wire with ones from the painless wiring kit. so theres no worries about bad electricals!

extra parts included: 2 sets of Hooker longtube headers for cleveland 4v. all the old parts and body parts, 2 doors, a fender, 2 black seats(drivers side in need of repair), headliner, blue seat replacement covers for both seats, complete drum brake to disc swap from discbrakeswap.com, 2300 stall convertor for the transmission. there are extra misc things too like gaskets and several misc interior trim pieces. i also have 3.55 gears for the 8 inch ford axle

the problems: no paint and the axle is leaking fluid

you can see pics at my cardomain, if you want any pictures of specific places or things, do not be afraid too ask. my car domain is

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2376813

i would like to break even at 20k but theres no way im getting that. how much do you think all this is worth?
Old 11-10-2007, 03:43 PM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

Default RE: whats been going on guys?

I'll give u 5, mayyyyybe, 5 1/2k

Sorry to hear that man, I know how it feels to have the bills push the car on the back burner
Old 11-10-2007, 03:52 PM
atomsk680
5th Gear Member

yea, like i said its not just bills, school and work fulltime, girlfriend, i wish i wouldve known this 2 years ago, i could be in a cobra right now

gas being $3 for reg right now and me having 6mpg sucks too
Old 11-10-2007, 04:11 PM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

Yup, I feel ya. Im full time student and have a 30 hour per week job. Im thinking about getting a second job, and I gotta fit the ol' lady in there too. I actually pay for my school up front too, so 60% of my income goes to tuition and books.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:12 PM
superdavid
4th Gear Member

Sell the girlfriend instead!
Old 11-10-2007, 04:26 PM
atomsk680
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: baddog671

Yup, I feel ya. Im full time student and have a 30 hour per week job. Im thinking about getting a second job, and I gotta fit the ol' lady in there too. I actually pay for my school up front too, so 60% of my income goes to tuition and books.
i pay for school too myself, then i got crdit card and insurance, and my parents are about too charge me rent, i cant afford to have less then 30 hours a week, then i got school in the morning

ORIGINAL: superdavid

Sell the girlfriend instead!
i thought about it but i love her too much!
Old 11-10-2007, 04:28 PM
superdavid
4th Gear Member

Nah, you can always get another girlfriend, but they don't make these cars anymore!!!
Old 11-10-2007, 04:33 PM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: superdavid

Nah, you can always get another girlfriend, but they don't make these cars anymore!!!
Hahahaa....
Old 11-10-2007, 04:45 PM
PReal
5th Gear Member

This is why I was so thankful when you gave me those wheels. College will drain every penny out of you. I was married in school and we had to pay for everything. We were both working 25-40 hrs a week and lived with a total income of less then $15k.

Thank God I graduated and almost a year and a half later am getting the resources to start spending on the stang. Then again, I still have $30k in loans to pay off.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:48 PM
atomsk680
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PReal

This is why I was so thankful when you gave me those wheels. College will drain every penny out of you. I was married in school and we had to pay for everything. We were both working 25-40 hrs a week and lived with a total income of less then $15k.

Thank God I graduated and almost a year and a half later am getting the resources to start spending on the stang. Then again, I still have $30k in loans to pay off.
ouch i get 15k at least working 30 hour weeks

Quick Reply: whats been going on guys?