Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

WOW!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 07:31 PM
Reverb
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: WOW!

ORIGINAL: rmodel65

no one hardly uses laquer anyomre and its illegal in alot of places because most of what you lay down is thinner that evaps into the atmosphere and laquer doesnt last very long and requires a lot of up keep
Thats funny because where i'm from 2K paints are illegal. Everything now is water based paints. Only just came in, but it's supposed to be a nightmare to apply.
Old 12-02-2007, 07:35 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

they had water based paints for years but you still use a traditional clear 2k clear although a low voc, they are slowly starting phasing in water based stuff starting with the great state of california
Old 12-02-2007, 07:39 PM
Reverb
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rmodel65

they had water based paints for years but you still use a traditional clear 2k clear although a low voc, they are slowly starting phasing in water based stuff starting with the great state of california
I'm from the UK. I was using lacquer in june this year before i moved out - lovely smell - body shops have to use water based though
Old 12-02-2007, 07:45 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

yeah water based has been the norm for ever there i personally have never used any water based paints stuff or laquer the paint store just dont carry it they car laquer based primers etc but laquer will quickly crack as it is constantly evaporating, gm used laquer till the mid 80s that why alot of there cars have large amounts of cracking and chipped paint etc
Old 12-03-2007, 05:45 AM
67 evil eleanor
5th Gear Member

Wonder why he don't send this carat BJ. Its top notch all the way. Allen pan heads would look better in the painted console though. Its a 2 minute fix.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:39 AM
TexasAxMan
4th Gear Member

Cool looking car, but no export brace or monte carlo bar? I wonder what else?
Old 12-03-2007, 10:59 AM
03Maverik
2nd Gear Member

Is that a big dent on the passenger side shock tower and a small one on the drivers side? Looks nice, not the wheels. Give me us that money and we can build a whole lot nicer of a car.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:33 AM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

its a great looking car, it is brushed aluminum with a clearcoat as stated before. the self taping screws are a little tacky, ok they're real tacky for just holding it down, i would've used some small rivits, they do look good on the switch though gives it kind of a rough look
Old 12-03-2007, 05:09 PM
Clu7ch
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Kenny_Z

I agree with Connor. I also like the driveway.
+7

I was trying to figure out what in the hell possessed this guy to sell this stang, until I read the dip****s comment on the bottom about how it needed a "bow tie" emblem to make it perfect and than I realized the guys name is "crvette123". What a tool.

ABOUT THE NICEST MUSTANG I HAVE SEEN ON EBAY ALL IT NEEDS NOW IS A BOWTIE EMBLEM. I WOULD NOT HAVE FELT COMFORTABLE SAYING THAT IF YOUR USER NAME WASN'T CRETTE123! JUST KIDDING! NICE CAR
^ ***

Not worth what the high bid is and they still didn't reach the "reserve."
Old 12-08-2007, 04:37 AM
blueovalboy7
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 1970coupe

has to be one of the best looking mustangs ever!!
I agree, that car is amazing, and the console looks good. Did they come with cup holders or are those added by whoever did the console?

Quick Reply: WOW!