Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

euro car guy

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 04:47 PM
cmanf
3rd Gear Member

Default euro car guy

Cool story for mustang's.
I was doing one of my sales centers here in Atlanta yesterday installing some Graphics I had made at some overpriced(what isnt now) town home/ condo development yesterday. There was a huge empty table in the middle of the room And I thought a model must be going in.
Keep in mind its about 2:30pm Friday afternoon on a construction sight. All but my crew its a ghost-town.

I hear a rumble catches my ear then I just go back to work. A guy walks in English accent looking for someone who isnt there and nods and walks back out side.
The unmistakable sound of a Ferrari v8 fires up! I almost knock a guy down run to the door and there sits the guy in a Maserati coupe.
He drives off hits and it howls and is gone quick!

About an hour later he comes back and has his crew behind him in a rental truck with the model. I see they are having a tough time with it fitting so I go give them a hand installing it. Guy seemed stuffy and snooty at 1st then I asked him why his car sounds like a Ferrari? He laughs and says you have git to be kidding me what size engine does it have? I told not for sure but sounds like about a 6liter v8. His smile came up and he told me it was a Ferrari engine.

He couldnt believe I could tell it by the sound. The stuffiness is gone we start talking cars while our guys are finishing up.
Asked me about my cars I showed him a couple of picks and gave him specks. He was like a lil kid after that. He wants if any way possible to drive my car when I get the bugs worked out. He has owned the Ferrari's Lambos and euro finest. he has never driven a real muscle car other than a new vette.

He loves Mustangs only the older ones. Hasnt ever owned one b/c they are very hard to find and up keep in the uk.
Funny hes an Architect and a designer gave me some good ideas. Was a blast to drive the Maserati too!
We exchanged info and will keep up. Now if I can afford to ship it and put petrol in it I have a contact to hang with and as he put it go tear up the country side and **** off the Italians. lol

His car was sweet but like he described his feelings with the Vette to refined. It was fast 500hp @ the flywheel I had a blast. I dont think mine will have any trouble out running it. Power did come on strong in 3rd @ 5500rpm it was in its peak power band.
Handling will be where I hope the cash I dropped in mustang 2 tubular front and road race rear urethane set up pays off. I know my car is a lot lighter than his. think I will have some guys @ Road Atl help me tune in my suspension.
That was my first time behind the wheel of a car of that caliber it was amazing! all the power and supreme quality and comfort.
Felt nicer than as My new Caddys interior.

Now he is waiting to drive as he put it a bloody ***** out american monster machine. lol

Old 12-08-2007, 05:31 PM
superdavid
4th Gear Member

Default RE: euro car guy

Nice! Nothing sounds sweeter than a Ferrari redlinin' it...
Old 12-09-2007, 03:54 AM
paddy187
4th Gear Member

Modern Masarti's are ferrari as ferrari owns them.I.e. MC-12 has the enzo engine and if you want a laugh check this video out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCm31-SqIjk
Old 12-09-2007, 08:46 AM
superdavid
4th Gear Member

THAT GUY HAS *****!!!!!!!!!
Nothing makes me madder than seeing a hot car owned by some rich dueche that putters around in it or leaves it sitting in his garage and the thing has never seen anything above 3000rpms.
Old 12-09-2007, 09:11 AM
mustangmatt63
3rd Gear Member

Great Story!! Wish i would have been there to see and hear it!!
Old 12-09-2007, 09:15 AM
cmanf
3rd Gear Member

Thanks that was great! What a car guy give him credit for driving it no mater what.
LOL a near Million dollar driving in the snow.

The guy I was talking about was telling me his tales of past Italian autos.
Said worse move he had made was trading his 430 Ferrai for a Lambo LP460.
He was telling me mechanical nightmares after the 1st month with the paddle shifter then the front cv joints and just all around quality wasnt anywhere near his Ferrari's he had owned.

Everyone has their stories and preferences with what they have owned but the one thing he did say that I could agree with was his love for the cars over road his common sense. At some point they break you heart b/c they arent the illusion that you believe them to be when you cant afford them.
His education and the hard work had put in over the years my guess he's in his 50's now he could get what he wanted.
Once he acquired those autos they break down and are very high maintenance and a money pit.

Something about hearing these words in a british accent made them stick. Kinda like Talking James Bond about cars. lol
This was the best quote I have heard in a while.

"You have to be a lil insane to put the cash we do into these autos. Then again my ex-wife had a ring on her finger that cost as much as a very nice home. She would point at me shake her finger and complain about the money I was spending useless toys that arent practical."

In light of that I look at the 30+k Including purchase 15 years ago.That I have in my junky looking old unpainted unfinished Mustang that cost under 3k in 1966
Sitting in my garage right now.
Old 12-09-2007, 09:20 AM
cmanf
3rd Gear Member

LOL Yeah Dave I see that same thing with bikes all the time. 2 guys on a nice Ducati's getting smoked and passed by every thing on two wheels up in the mountains where we ride.
Then just to pull up @ the hang out to tell us all how wonderful and better his bike is than our Jap bikes.
Old 12-09-2007, 11:43 AM
Clu7ch
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: paddy187

Modern Masarti's are ferrari as ferrari owns them.I.e. MC-12 has the enzo engine and if you want a laugh check this video out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCm31-SqIjk
Yeah there's a few nice ones in the rich people town a few miles from me. 2 Quattroportes, 2 Vanquishes andone sick DB9. I love ending up behind them just to hear the exhaust notes.

There's also a few Bentleys and Rolls Royces, but they don't impress me at all. They are overpriced and under-performing cars and all owned by the most ugly sons of you know what's you'll ever see.
Old 12-09-2007, 12:30 PM
4reboy
5th Gear Member

Before I got into mustangs I was into Ferrari's and was part of a Ferrari club and everything. I met some outstanding people and have drivin along with some outstanding cars. Some of our car runs would be 80+ exotic cars, mostly Ferrari. I've seen 'um all practically, which kinda sucks in a way because whenever i see a Ferrari 360, or 430, I don't even get excited because I've seen so many.

Great story, I truly appreciate those guys out there that are willing to let others experience and drive they're cars. Very awesome
Old 12-09-2007, 01:49 PM
Clu7ch
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 4reboy

Before I got into mustangs I was into Ferrari's and was part of a Ferrari club and everything. I met some outstanding people and have drivin along with some outstanding cars. Some of our car runs would be 80+ exotic cars, mostly Ferrari. I've seen 'um all practically, which kinda sucks in a way because whenever i see a Ferrari 360, or 430, I don't even get excited because I've seen so many.

Great story, I truly appreciate those guys out there that are willing to let others experience and drive they're cars. Very awesome
Thats how I got into Lambos. I used to live in Point Pleasant NJ right across the street from "The Wheels of Time" classic car dealer. The guy had about a dozen-odd Model T's and so many nice cars it was hard not to go there everyday after school and look at them all. I was about 12 at the time (IIRC) and one day after school there was a 1989, 25th anni.Lambo Countach LM002 sitting there with the doors open. I was practically drooling over every square inch of the car and the guy walked out. He looked at me and asked if I liked the car. I nodded. He said, go ahead, sit in it. So I got to sit in the drivers seat of this beautiful car which I had no comprehension of the raw power (or extreme price, LOL!) of.

Greatest thing I have ever been given the oppertunity to do. I recently found a video online of a guy who let some little kid sit in and rev the engine of his car. I don't remember if it was a Ferrari or a GT-40. I guarantee that kid will remember that moment for his whole life.

Quick Reply: euro car guy