Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

408 fired 1st time...UPDATE

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 08:22 PM
fastbackford351
Foghorn Leghorn

Default RE: 408 fired 1st time...then stopped

AAARRRRRRGGGHHH!!! That is a crying shame. If I thought it would do any good, I'd sit down and cry with you.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:33 PM
Aussie66Fastback
5th Gear Member

thanks man

even tho i cant do all the work myself, i can check most of it.
never again will i allow a mechanic to work on that car unsupervised!!!

Like JMD said, its the really minor details that usually cause all the trouble
Old 01-10-2008, 06:19 AM
mustangmatt63
3rd Gear Member

DAMN THAT SUCKS!! I think your so called buddy should be at the least volunteering some of his time to help you get it rebuilt and reinstalled.He probably does not have the $ to pay for it but at least a little of his time would be an attempt at an apology.If hes starting up a new business this is not the kind of bad publicity he would want,and mistakes do happen unfortunately but it always seems to happen when you are trying to help someone else out!! Wishing you the best with it!! Of course you could always just[sm=violent053.gif]Him!!
Old 01-10-2008, 03:49 PM
Aussie66Fastback
5th Gear Member

hahaha, if someone had slapped a Beretta in my hand that night its a fair bet he would have copped all 18 rounds in his extremities (too ensure a slow and painful death). I was so wild even the guys in the workshop were staying away from me. 2 guys in particular have a history of "anger management issues" and its usually me thats being careful around them.

They did offer to take the matter up with the exhaust guy but fortunately I cooled down pretty quickly as, in all seriousness, they would have f***ed him over properly and i wouldnt want to be responsible for the death or permanent disablement of another human being (unless they did something to my kids and then I'd be doing the work myself).
Old 01-17-2008, 04:26 PM
Aussie66Fastback
5th Gear Member

Default RE: 408 fired 1st time...Update

Ok, so how much does a beretta cost anyway???

I have had a busy week and hadnt got back to the workshop till last night to finish pulling the engine out (its nearly an hour drive from my place).

Moron has made another mistake. The extractor bolts he used were too long so he tightened the high tensile steel ****ers down as tight as he could so they really bottomed out in my nice shiny new alloy heads. It took well over an hour last night to get them all off complete with little bits of alum wrapped around the threads. Now the heads have to come off as well to have all the holes retapped.

I hope he has insurance because now he will be getting the bill.

mother f*****g @sshoooooooooooooooooooooole. [sm=shootshoot.gif]
Old 01-17-2008, 05:42 PM
66JameStang
4th Gear Member

I think perhaps at this point his business should not get off the ground... In fact I am starting to think he has not knowledge of cars to begin with.. Do you think he did not know or doesn't care? [sm=badbadbad.gif]
Old 01-17-2008, 06:04 PM
jlp66stang
2nd Gear Member

I was feeling bad for you until I got to the part where he f**ked up the heads. I don't know how I feel now.[:@] It would be hard to let him off the hook for that after screwing up that too. Better stay away from the gun store! I guess theup side is, thats a hell of a starter, I would be tempted to get one of those! The guy in the other post that is talking about hiring all his work done, needs to read this post. He might reconsider! Sorry for you luck.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:05 PM
Aussie66Fastback
5th Gear Member

I think he was too busy to take the time to check everything...he knew all right, because after the first 3, most of the others had bolts had been shortened some to clear.

I think he thought i wouldnt find out until it was too late to do something about it. And that would have been the case if the dumb MF had refitted the starter correctly.

this is gunna get ugly
Old 01-17-2008, 06:16 PM
JMD
6th Gear Member

Damn,,, I was thinking when I saw the update note on the thread that I was going to read something like "we took the engine apart and it was not as bad as we first thought"....

I was disapointed just reading about your new issues stacked on top of the old ones. [:@]

I don't think I have the words to properly address this situation except man I am sorry for you.

Talk about getting kicked when you are down...
Old 01-17-2008, 06:20 PM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

cant you retap the holes in the head while still on the vehicle? and which holes were stripped? i kinda got lost?!?!

Quick Reply: 408 fired 1st time...UPDATE