Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

discbrakeswap.com question - help?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 11:28 PM
SalikDDD
3rd Gear Member

Default discbrakeswap.com question - help?

alright so i have the swap from them obviously, and i'm finishing it up, but i have this cylinder looking thing with 2 fittings on the end and it's red anodized. it says +10psi on it.. that's it.. what is it? where does it go? i'm confused between that, my stock combo valve and the proportioning valve that came with it as to how all that hooks up, do i use the combo valve from my mustang WITH the proportioning valve? on the website it says it can be used alone or with it but i don't get it it's only 1 in 1 out so how do i supply to the rear? ugh someone help before i crash into a tree.
Old 01-11-2008, 11:34 PM
jlp66stang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: discbrakeswap.com question - help?

What disc brake system do you have? Any pics of the valve!
Old 01-12-2008, 12:10 AM
SalikDDD
3rd Gear Member

i bought that. btu it doesn't show the cylinder thing i'm talking about. ha i didn't get the cd tho - anyway i can't get pics until tomorrow as the car is at my dads place and i'm not driving out there at 1 am lol
Old 01-12-2008, 12:14 AM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

its probably a residual pressure valve to maintain the proper amount of pressure to ensure proper gaps in between the pad and rotor/drum its probably for the rear i believe the 10 psi is for drums and the 2lbs is for disc
Old 01-12-2008, 12:17 AM
jlp66stang
2nd Gear Member

Go back to them and see if you can download the cd. I see the portioning valve, but I don't know what the other valve could be for. I bought the SSBC kit but I used my spindles. I'm guessing the wheel bearings are with the kit.
Old 01-12-2008, 12:22 AM
degins
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SalikDDD

alright so i have the swap from them obviously, and i'm finishing it up, but i have this cylinder looking thing with 2 fittings on the end and it's red anodized. it says +10psi on it.. that's it.. what is it? where does it go? i'm confused between that, my stock combo valve and the proportioning valve that came with it as to how all that hooks up, do i use the combo valve from my mustang WITH the proportioning valve? on the website it says it can be used alone or with it but i don't get it it's only 1 in 1 out so how do i supply to the rear? ugh someone help before i crash into a tree.
That is a residual pressure valve. It is placed anywhere in the rear brake circuit. I have included a number of fittings to allow it to be plumbed either onto the inlet or outlet of the PV or in line independently. It will improve the pedal feel. It is a check valve that maintains 10 psi of pressure on the rear drum wheel cylinders. Master cylindersbuilt before 1967 had these valves built in. Most refurbs and new master cylinders,especially those spec'ed for 68+ cars don't.

You could have emailed or called me to ask this question.
Old 01-12-2008, 12:34 AM
jlp66stang
2nd Gear Member

That"s what I call service, good job, degins!

I sure hope it doesn't come to that. I hope that comes back to bite them.
Old 01-12-2008, 12:40 AM
SalikDDD
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: degins

ORIGINAL: SalikDDD

That is a residual pressure valve. It is placed anywhere in the rear brake circuit. I have included a number of fittings to allow it to be plumbed either onto the inlet or outlet of the PV or in line independently. It will improve the pedal feel. It is a check valve that maintains 10 psi of pressure on the rear drum wheel cylinders. Master cylindersbuilt before 1967 had these valves built in. Most refurbs and new master cylinders,especially those spec'ed for 68+ cars don't.

You could have emailed or called me to ask this question.
THANK you. lol i didn't wanna bother this early in the am nor anything else, i was hoping to find you on here in spare time or whatnot, but thank you for clearing it all up
Old 01-12-2008, 12:54 PM
67t5ponycoupe
5th Gear Member

+1 on that. The best thing to do is call the company to be sure. They made the money on selling you the parts, they need to answer all your questions. Make them earn their keep.
Old 01-12-2008, 06:42 PM
restomod@16
2nd Gear Member

I believe Degins WORKS for them so ... problem solved.

Quick Reply: discbrakeswap.com question - help?