Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

-------->2006 Mustang GT Transformed into 70' Mach 1 "Must see"<----------

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 06:32 PM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: -------->2006 Mustang GT Transformed into 70' Mach 1 "Must see"<----------

absolutely stunning work so far dude. this NEEDS to be submitted to a mazagine.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:48 PM
gottamustang

Default RE: -------->2006 Mustang GT Transformed into 70' Mach 1 "Must see"<----------

I Love It when folks color outside the lines and think outside the box. I have a rusted out 64.5 Rustang Convertible that I'm just itching to do something like this with.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:43 AM
bluovalguy
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: my77stang

absolutely stunning work so far dude. this NEEDS to be submitted to a mazagine.
+1. That is awesome.
Old 02-02-2008, 03:33 PM
NWAutoCreations

ORIGINAL: FrostByte

Need a partner? Nice work.
FrostByte, What type of work do you do? We are going to do a Procharger setup later on this car and it would be nice to have some extra help or input.

Hello again, we just uploaded 3 more new videos to the website http://www.nwautocreations.com/photos/
which shows last weeks progress. (Finishing the tailight panel area, fitting trunk lid,adjusting all wheel openings to fit center of wheels, temporarily installed engine transmission and suspension to check ride height, purchased BMW hood and hinge setup for modification of the Mach1 hood).

We have found once the car was on the ground that the front wheel width track is narrower than the rear. Therefore, we are going to *wide body* the rear a inch and a half on each side in a very subtle way, as opposed to fender flares, which we don't really care for.

This week, we hope to accomplish all or some of the following;
- Final install of front cowl panel
- All wheel wells welded,finished and in place
- New doors installed and fitted
- Rear inner fenders installed

Well thanks everyone for the nice comments and we are going to try and do new video and picture installments every day

Old 02-02-2008, 04:10 PM
kalli
6th Gear Member

no matter if its a good or bad idea. it's incredible workmanship. if I would't be over in Ireland, i'd love to come over and give you a hand :-)

Old 02-02-2008, 04:39 PM
valley firearms
5th Gear Member

I like
Old 02-18-2008, 10:37 PM
NWAutoCreations

Hello,

Well we accomplished our last weeks goals. I took a little longer than expected. The rear inner wheel wells fit relatively well without complications. The rear quarter panels have a factory fit to them around the wheel wells. The new doors lined up with the quarters very nicely, considering we are building them to the doors. The cowl and windshield wiper mechanism needed considerable refinement, this took an approximate 22 hours to finish. Front fenders and cowl vent top fit excellent, as well as the hood. We tacked into place the front fender supports and front radiator supports, custom made and bent to fit.

Most of our time this week and most of next will be consumed in preparation for the upcoming Seattle '08 Roadster show. We are a entering a custom '59 Elcamino, '56 Pontiac Safari, '34 Ford, and an '98 Acura NSX widebody, air suspension etc. all built by us.

During this busy time we will be fabricating and installing the hood hinges etc. I will let you know on the update.

Thanks again for following this project, take care
http://www.nwautocreations.com/photos/
Old 02-18-2008, 11:25 PM
Fordication
2nd Gear Member

Man I cannot wait to see this one finished. Me next.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:27 PM
NWAutoCreations

Well it has been about 3 weeks. Sorry for the delay but with combination of the carshow and the arrival of a customer's wrecked 1968 Shelby kept us busy. Back to the hood project of the 70' Mach1, much time was spent designing and building the proper hinge points and latch points that make a 5 series Bmw hood assembly fit the mustang hood. We started with the front hinge, made that function, then made the rear hood receivers and sliders fit for proper hood alignment (that was a BI*tCH) . Finally the hinge gas strut assemblies were made to fit and operate as Bmw intended them to.

The final product of this, as seen in our videos, shows the hood in operation. It works perfectly!
Our next project includes welding and grinding everything for a finished fit. This also includes finishing the cowl, quarter panels, etc. How many hours do you think that will take???
The last two videos are the latest... nwautocreations.com

We will keep you posted!

Old 03-25-2008, 09:50 PM
PONYBOY65
2nd Gear Member

i dont have the pluggin to watch the movie
what do i need?

Quick Reply: -------->2006 Mustang GT Transformed into 70' Mach 1 "Must see"<----------