Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

tough day

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 09:28 AM
cmanf
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: tough day

ORIGINAL: Tomphot

I saw the local news reports on the incident. It doesn't sound like any explanation will help the shooter.
Thanks for understanding my feelings on this guys.

Tomphot, the take most of us and also the sherif's was that the girls cut him off caused him to hit their car and drop his bike and they admitted cursing and using 1 finger salutes.
So far it points to they just took off and he was following them to deal with what they did and get his bike fixed. Along the way they called their dad as usual he came out shooting.
A typical lil POS redneck coward. As a final good bye about 100 of us road to the crime scene and read a final message for him. I think the Locals had a good idea of how we felt about this. Thanks to Oconee Sherifs dept. They cleared the area blocked the road and kept thing civil.

Here is a link to see a vid of the our clubs final words to this young man and his family.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pWM3y7W2Ao
Old 03-02-2008, 10:33 AM
green_blurr
3rd Gear Member

Thats sick i just got a vulcan 900 cruiser from my friend in mexico , scares me , i dont think that was an act of self defense he will be doing time.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:02 AM
JapanGT
2nd Gear Member

That is messed up. Hope the shooter gets life. Maybe his dumb *** daughters will finally
learn that their games or whatever it was they do, will cost them and theirs.

I run a bike forum in Japan, for foreign motorcyclists. Have an FXSTB and DRZ 440 ( modified )SM.

Ride safe.

Jav

Old 03-03-2008, 08:09 AM
cmanf
3rd Gear Member

Thanks guys for letting me have my day of venting with you guys.
This thing hit me harder than i thought it would and the same for every person that was there.
Your another great bunch of guys!

Now my mustang is back on deck and I have got to get some picts up of the custom billet dash and vent my son made for me.
SWEET!
Old 03-03-2008, 08:28 AM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

i heard about that incident on the news here in brunswick thats crazy, they were so threatened by a motorcycle while riding in a cage? i dont buy it. my condolences go out to his family,ill keep them in my prayers. i cant wait to get back riding(gonna have to get another bike though), even working for that matter so i can work on the stang my backs still frugged from my motorcycle accident i was lucky to be able to walk away from that one
Old 03-03-2008, 09:12 AM
03Maverik
2nd Gear Member

I will be 21 next week and also ride (Harleys however!!!). I would have acted the same way as he did. I cannot stand it when an idiot pulls out in front of me. It happened at Myrtle Beach Bike Week two years ago on the MAIN STRIP. It goes to show that you none of us is invincible. I send my prayers for this young guy and his family, and to these girls. Maybe this tragic event can have a positive impact on their lives.

Even though I dont like riding with rice rockets, I respect everyone that belongs to a brother hood. I have been apart of rides like that with my Harley brothers. It is a good feeling of assurance when you know who is there for you.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:19 AM
r6allstar
1st Gear Member

I too share the passion of motorcycles (hints the R6 name) and this was a complete tragety, feel sorry for everyone involved..except the shooter. Lots of unanswered questions though, either way the rider never deserved this. Ride safe guys!
Old 03-03-2008, 10:06 AM
fast65
5th Gear Member

I'm sorry to hear about your friend, it's terrible that such an innocent young man could be killed for something so pointless.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:32 AM
cmanf
3rd Gear Member

I had no idea so many of you guys rode also.
We all have had a crashes and stories, You know the old saying theirs 2 kinds of guys that ride motorcycles
1. the guys that have crashed
2. the guys that are going to crash

As far as the type bikes our club ride true were a sportbike club but we have members with Harleys, all makes and models of big cruisers ,bmws and lots of other types bikes.
The motard( dirt bikes with street racing tires on them) is getting big now also the big off-road rally bikes.

And quite a few of the bike guys are into cars also.

Guess speed and fun translate well.

Ride safe when you have your 2 wheeled Pony going
Old 03-03-2008, 12:35 PM
03Maverik
2nd Gear Member

Yeah...I would like to have a sportbike to have fun with. But, there is something about making people roll their windows up when I let them hear my Ground Pounders!!!

The other week I came up onbiker in the middle of an intersection.A guy pulled in front of him, and the bike was flipped off (54 year old man broke his leg). He had a brand new Softail Classic. I stopped my truck in the middle of the intersection and yielded traffic and my g/f and some other people who stopped assisted the rider until the ambulance came. The thing that pissed me off is that people were barely slowing down for meand it was night time. Sometimes we need to realize that our lives are rushed and hectic all the time, we probably should chill a little bit and enjoy life. Just my 2 copper coins.

Quick Reply: tough day