Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

tough day

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 06:52 PM
cmanf
3rd Gear Member

Default tough day

This isnt anything Mustang related but I thing you guys will understand.
As much as Im here with you guys everyday I have another passion.
Motorcycle's. I belong to a sportbike board also and since there locally based i go to bike nights in spring and summer.

I attended a funeral service today for a 21 y.o. young man that had just joined our forum.
Most of us didnt know him anymore than I do you guys and gals. Just from forum posts.
This hit home so verry hard for me since I have a 21 yo son and so many of you guys are still pups lol.

This guy had just gotten his 1st bike and was on top of the world.
He was out @ Target near Athens Ga. trying to get a transfer from another location closer to his home.
Something happened in the parking lot with 2 girls in their car and we will never now Bryan's side of the story.
What we do know is @ some point his bike mad contact with the vehicle, he followed the car home and on his return down the street to exit he was shot in the back and killed.

Lots of holes in the shooters and his 2 daughters story's but he claims self defense and they claim a kid with no record and doesnt even drink chased them and rammed their car. He was on a Ninja 250. Thats not much more than a moped. With about 2-3 weeks ridding under his belt Imo he could not have hit it without crashing from it.

This guy has shot at other vehicles over that same thing the daughters go out start trouble and fights run home call dad and he comes out shooting.
Not enough whiteness( his family members are the next door neighbors) or evidence prosecute the last time no bullets hit the car. This time one did in the BACK of this young mans neck.

To sum it up I and over 150 fellow bikers said goodbye to a brother today. It was tuff.
We funneled in @ the funeral home with 3 miles long of bikes. And filled the chapel with more leather racing suits than at the bike shop.
I stood next to strangers whos face i didnt know and cried with them almost everyone of us at some point was hit by this.
Then after once the fourm names started comming out I knew these guys!

I thought how luckie I was to belong to such a good core of folks.
Then it hit me I have you guys too.
Puts things into perspective.

No love you guys ghey crap, but thanks for letting me part of this.

Old 03-01-2008, 07:36 PM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

Default RE: tough day

Sorry to hear such a sad story, I hope something can come out of it and the shooter arrested

I have my dirtbike, I dont think I need a streetbike...id probably wreck[8D]
Old 03-01-2008, 07:42 PM
cmanf
3rd Gear Member

he has been arrested on murder charges. No bail until the hearing.
Dirt bikes are how most of the worlds top ridders pro and us mortals started.
Have fun the on dirt bikes, They scare me. LOL im a knee dragger myself.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:12 PM
66JameStang
4th Gear Member

Sorry to hear about the tragic loss. It is comforting to know that so many people still care for people they know or people they know through a screen name and post. I am 21 and never think of myself as ready to go and I am sure he never did either. The person responsible should pay.

God be with him and his families.
Old 03-01-2008, 09:30 PM
zmetalmilitia
4th Gear Member

That is a terrible story. Prayers go out to his family and wish them well.
Old 03-02-2008, 12:48 AM
straw1628
2nd Gear Member

I hope they get whats coming to them. I am a biker as well. I lost may dad last summer (age58) so I am familiar with the pain the family is feeling. I sold my last bike to by my mustang, and when my dad died in got his Roadking. I would take him back in a minute. I dont know why I am saying all of this, its just that your story hit home. This website is just like everything I have gotten to know about the hobby. Alot of great people. With all we hear bad about the web and the world, isnt it great to see how genuine the people are that are in to our hobby. My prayers go out to the family.
Old 03-02-2008, 01:05 AM
Adrenolin
5th Gear Member

Sorry to hear that. I've been online since 92 and have met more than a few people from the 'net' in real life (enter the wife). Became close friends with one guy who was killed in a MVA a few years afterwards. Only in his early 20s. Never a good thing to hear. Wishing the family, friends and you the best in this sad time.
Old 03-02-2008, 07:50 AM
fastbackford351
Foghorn Leghorn

Wow. That is a sobering tale indeed. I wonder why he followed them.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:03 AM
Tomphot
1st Gear Member

I saw the local news reports on the incident. It doesn't sound like any explanation will help the shooter.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:42 AM
OrangeGTCS
1st Gear Member

Sorry to hear about the young man beiong shot, That is crazy. They should lock his a$$ up for life, better yet, lethal injection would be better.

I used to ride and I thought the story was going to be more on the lines of a noob wrecking and being killed. I finally gave up bikes after riding for about 6years, my last bike was an honda RC51, loved the bike, but got tired of thebad drivers on the streets today.

Quick Reply: tough day