Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Went to pepboys today (pointless story)

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 08:07 PM
dugan
2nd Gear Member

Default Went to pepboys today (pointless story)

Do you ever feel like you are not making any progress on you're car?
Well Thats how I have been feeling lately..so I decided to buy some pointless crap to make me feel like I was improving it.
I went to Pep Boys and bought a leather (pleather? not sure) steering wheel wrap, put the original steering wheel back in, bought some cheepo aluminum pedal covers, and a new air cleaner. and a mustang parking only sign...
I know useless garbage..but it made me feel better

Old 03-02-2008, 08:29 PM
4reboy
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Went to pepboys today (pointless story)

I get that feeling all the time, then I get unmotivated then dont' work on my car for awhile, and thats why its not finished yet

What inspires me to get stuff done is looking at what everyone else has done to their car, makes me want to do more to mine. But now I'm motivated because this weekend was a good weekend!
Old 03-02-2008, 09:21 PM
dugan
2nd Gear Member

Yea. I go through phases where I OBSESE about my mustang, then I get unmotivated and do nothing with/too it for some time.
Granted I have not even had it a year yet though.
I am doing a Semi-Restore...Just kinda driving it and enjoying it and fixing things upgrading here and there.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:24 PM
fast65
5th Gear Member

Yeah I used to have those feelings, then I started her up and let the exhaust note motivate me. Finally I got her done, now I'm just motivated to get more power.[sm=gears.gif]
Old 03-02-2008, 10:20 PM
ninteen66mustang
3rd Gear Member

I always feel that way. mostly cuz I can afford what I cant do tho. My friend and I re-time the mustang about every couple weeks, just to feel like we are doing something...
Old 03-02-2008, 11:25 PM
dugan
2nd Gear Member

Ahh yes. I enjoy "re-tuning" mine about every week or so. I even go as far as to take the spark plugs out and check them even though I know they are fine.
I have even just popped my hood, took the air cleaner off, held a socket wrench in my hand and stood there "making sure all the bolts were tight"
Old 03-02-2008, 11:53 PM
gothand
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 4reboy

I get that feeling all the time, then I get unmotivated then dont' work on my car for awhile, and thats why its not finished yet

What inspires me to get stuff done is looking at what everyone else has done to their car, makes me want to do more to mine. But now I'm motivated because this weekend was a good weekend!
Motivation? Come on David, how 'bout summer being just around the corner and your ride will still be stuck in the driveway? Git 'er done! Enter it in Fabulous Fords Forever on April 20th.

Jeff
Old 03-03-2008, 12:18 AM
photocliff
2nd Gear Member

Iv'e had that unmotivatedproblem too. I covered mine in plastic for the winter even though it's in the garage to keep the drifting snow and moisture off of it. It has now become a shelf for some objects and my son is unhappy with me about it.
It has been a long winter!
Old 03-03-2008, 12:21 AM
atomsk680
5th Gear Member

ugh i know that unmotivated feeling, round november when i thought i had too sell it soon, i stopped working on it, didnt do nothing untill a few days ago, i got remotivated. now itll be running soon and i can drive it!
Old 03-03-2008, 12:23 AM
4reboy
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gothand

Motivation? Come on David, how 'bout summer being just around the corner and your ride will still be stuck in the driveway? Git 'er done! Enter it in Fabulous Fords Forever on April 20th.

Jeff
hahaha I have even better motivation than that, spring break on march 29th (i think)! Thats why it's almost done now! I don't want it in the driveway when I can take it down to the beach with my friends....

And I should definitely enter it in the car show, we'll see how it goes. Is that the queen mary one? or did the queen mary one already pass...

Quick Reply: Went to pepboys today (pointless story)