Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Window Tinting

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 08:01 PM
4reboy
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Window Tinting

ORIGINAL: gothand

As far as I can tell, the whole state is collectively referred to as the land of fruits and nuts. You've got to be nuts to pay $1M for a sub 2000 s.f. house, don't you?

If this is an opinion poll, while I've seen plenty of early models that looked nice and had tinted windows, my preference is without it.
Why did the forums block out c o l l e c t i v e l y? haha. Well I didn't mean to affend anyone with the sanfran thing haha, its just whenever I've heard that saying it has always referred to the bay area... haha.

oh yeah and as for tint, I thought about doing it on my car, but the shade of tint depends a lot on the color of your car. Like for my car I would have gone a lighter tint since I have a light blue... but I'll keep my original tint that came from the factory.

oh yeah and WOOOO 1000 POSTS!!!!!! haha [8D]
Old 03-04-2008, 09:17 PM
dodgestang
5th Gear Member

Dark (limo black) tint on a mustang looks silly to me anytime

Light tint on a mustang look **** to me mostly all the time
Old 03-04-2008, 10:08 PM
BAY68_347
2nd Gear Member

No offense taken on my part... Ya gotta stand up for what you believe in, even if its your town, and it IS full of fruits and nuts and everything in between.

People do need to remember that San Francisco has all American blue collar roots. But today, 40% of the population was not even born in the United States. It has changed a lot but I still love it.

BTW, 4reboy... you in Long Beach, i see. My uncle is a captain with the LBFD down there, works on a fireboat in the harbor. Took the wife and kid on the boat last Summer for a cruise and got to spray the big assed water guns all over for awhile. Cool town there, I love SoCal but I am NorCal for life. Got a lotta familia from Sannabarbara to Sandiego. Peace!
Old 03-04-2008, 11:10 PM
gothand
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 4reboy

Why did the forums block out c o l l e c t i v e l y? haha. Well I didn't mean to affend anyone with the sanfran thing haha, its just whenever I've heard that saying it has always referred to the bay area... haha.
This board is funny, I think I also recal the word s p i c e d being blocked out at spiced. [sm=wtf.gif]
Old 03-04-2008, 11:50 PM
4reboy
5th Gear Member

BAY68_347, yeah I'm from the LBC, I love it. I can't see myself living any other place besides southern california!

and Jeff, wow even s p i c e d is blocked out. but while writing this I just figured out why! its s p i ced.... now I understand why......

I still don't get c o l l e c t i v e l y though
Old 03-05-2008, 09:50 AM
fast65
5th Gear Member

I think it looks great if it's done right. Tint almost always looks amazing on white cars and you have those black rally stripes, so it would keep with that two tone look.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:53 AM
BAY68_347
2nd Gear Member

I think it looks great if it's done right. Tint almost always looks amazing on white cars and you have those black rally stripes, so it would keep with that two tone look.
+1
Old 03-05-2008, 10:49 AM
urban_cowboy
5th Gear Member

I like tinted windows, but in my experience it only looks good for about 4-5 years. Most of my tint jobs no matter what quality I get starts turning colors and I have to have it redone. Not much issue with bubbles anymore but fading is still a problem. Tinted glass like you get from the factory which is actual color not film is MUCH better but not as dark.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:03 PM
Erks Eagles

Thanks for all the replies, I will look around the atlanta area for some good tint places and talk with them.

As for the San Francisco discussion...I grew up on the east coast (born and raised in Charleston SC, lived in Savannah, Ga and now Atlanta). I had never been to California till last year. I had a conference for work and it was in San Francisco. I spent 1 week there and it is by far my favorite city in the country now. The people reminded me of gorwing up in Charleston, very nice and friendly and they had their own charm. Great great city.
Old 03-05-2008, 02:42 PM
mojocat27
1st Gear Member

In Iowa you have to have a dr or eye dr state you have a medical reason for the window tinting and then it can only be a certain percentage.

Quick Reply: Window Tinting