Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

so i got

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 02:43 PM
BAY68_347
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: so i got

I am packing my **** and leaving for Wyoming tomorrow.
$25... amazing.

+1 Thats what I plan to do if I get a ticket. bt. I'm in CA and if you are going less than 20mph over the speed limit and you have no moving violateion in the last 18mo you can go to traffic school and get it wipped out completely.
Kip
I just got pulled over a couple weeks ago in Napa, on the highway by a city cop, for doing 79 in a 60. The cop was chill and wrote me up for 70 in a 60, it was around $190 ticket, + $30 for traffic school and it is off my record. But it doesnt say on the ticket what it will cost. Anyways, you can only do traffic school to excuse a ticket in CA once every 18 months. So I gotta try not to get another ticket for awhile.

Problem is, I dont know how to drive the speed limit. No one ever taught me how to do that.

How fast were you going? What was the ticket written for? You might be able to get more info on your state/county/city on Google?
Old 03-13-2008, 03:23 PM
UBY289
2nd Gear Member

Here in Ontario Canada it cost alot more . If you are caught racing min. $2000 plus inpound car for a week plus towing and storage .I have heard its cost up to $5000 in total time their done with you. For speeding10 over is $120 and it just worstthe more you are over.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:47 PM
ninteen66mustang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nabster

ORIGINAL: ninteen66mustang

ORIGINAL: Nabster

Seems odd you wouldn't know how much it was as soon as the officer gave you the ticket. Around here, they write the amount on the ticket they hand you (I've never gotten one, but I was in the truck with my dad when he got one). Of course we don't deal with "points" on our licenses here either, wyoming is a bit old fashioned.
how does it work then?
Getting a ticket? You get pulled over, the cop gives you the ticket and you sign it to verify you got it, then you either pay it at city hall, or get a little court date thing set up if you want to bother contesting it in any way, then you pay it and it's done. Pretty straight forward. Speeding up to 80mph is a maximum of $25 fine, past that the officer determines it, but from everything I've heard and read in the paper under the court records they aren't very much.
I meant how does it work without a point system? can you just get an unlimited amount of tickets and you will never lose your license as long as you pay them?
Old 03-13-2008, 05:08 PM
racin66coupe
5th Gear Member

i need to move to wyoming
Old 03-13-2008, 05:26 PM
kaiser18
1st Gear Member

If i ever get a speeding ticket I may try the excuse that my speedometer only displays MPH, while up here in canada our road signs are in KPH. Kinda sucks, in order for me not to speed or go to slow I always gotta do the conversion. Although I dont think that excuse would work when the road signs state 90KPR and Iam doing 90MPH.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:14 PM
Nabster
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ninteen66mustang
I meant how does it work without a point system? can you just get an unlimited amount of tickets and you will never lose your license as long as you pay them?
Oh, well four moving violations over a period of 12 months gets you a temporary suspension. I want to say that lasts 10, 30, 45 or 90 days based on the infractions, but it too can be gotten around- like if it's necessary for you to drive to work for instance, you can pay something like $40 to apply for a probationary license. I'm not 100% sure on the exact procedures, and our website for the stuff isn't responding at the moment so I can't look it up.

Old 03-13-2008, 10:42 PM
Ogre
2nd Gear Member

I've never head of a judge buying the "my speedometer wasn't working right" or the "I changed my tire size and didnt' know my speedometer was wrong" stories. I even got my speedometer calibrated by a garage to show the judge, and he just laughed. I speak from experience on these two excuses.

Best bet for you is, if you don't have any other traffic violations, just plead it down and pay the fine and court costs. Try to get it reduced enough where you don't get any points on your license or you will be "paying" every six months when you renew your policy.
Old 03-14-2008, 12:26 AM
xian67
2nd Gear Member

i was going 57 in a 40 or i think 45 MPH zone. i wasnt paying attention.
i got the ticket in La Mirada, CA but i have to go to court in Norwalk, CA.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:36 AM
Iskwezm
4th Gear Member

I just got a 56 in a 40 on a downgrade i drive everyday!!!! Cost the g/f(i made her pay for it) $288

We cant fight the war on drugs or gangs, but put a overpaid cop on a bike and let em write tickets for no front plate,tinted windows or COASTING down a hill to save your brakes[:@]