Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

idea for the workshop guys

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 12:07 AM
Aussie66Fastback
5th Gear Member

Default idea for the workshop guys

why cant we have a sticky or a post in the FAQ that lists our Classic forum members who either own or work at shops where early Mustangs are catered for.

degins, mjr46, Bulldog66, tyler72, cprstreetmachines, mustanglover and others can post their location,contact numbers and area of interest.

obviously, this would have to be done in a way to not detract from paying sponsors of this site, so you would need to be here for a period of time or number ofposts to stop any sort of spamming.

whaddya reckon?
Old 04-10-2008, 12:14 AM
4reboy
5th Gear Member

Default RE: idea for the workshop guys

I like it. Heck I only knew of 1 of those members having a shop... so I think it would be good just to have the knowledge about the people and then we know we can PM them or something if we think they can answer a specific question.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:50 AM
xian67
2nd Gear Member

I think thats a great idea.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:39 AM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

i get paint and body pm's a lot. collision repair painter here
Old 04-10-2008, 06:14 AM
JamesW

For the exact reason you stated. This would be a conflict of interest with the paying sponsors of the site. If those in business would like to become paying sponsors and get linked in via the rest of the site, then that would work.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:06 AM
mySAVIOReigns
3rd Gear Member

Hey James, where have you been recently?
Old 04-10-2008, 06:15 PM
ninteen66mustang
3rd Gear Member

James, would it be okay to have a thread about local shops we have used and their location? It is so hard to find good shops locally that wont mess up your car so it would be nice to have a thread where ppl could post good and bad shops in their state.

btw, +1 on your disappearance...
Old 04-10-2008, 06:35 PM
Aussie66Fastback
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JamesW

For the exact reason you stated. This would be a conflict of interest with the paying sponsors of the site. If those in business would like to become paying sponsors and get linked in via the rest of the site, then that would work.
I respect that James, but i still think there's gotta be a way we can do this. I'm looking around this page as im typing and the featured sponsors are all parts suppliers and none specifically for classics.

I'm talking about the guys who actually do work on the cars. Some of the other links are so not related...I dont think "shewantsU.com" would care if theres a sticky post that says rmodel paints mustangs????

Surely we can come up with a way for members of the forum to benefit from this information without upsetting the sponsors? If we toss the ideas around and come up with something will you at least put it to the management? If its still a "no go" then fair enough at least we've tried.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:58 PM
mustanglover66
4th Gear Member

Why not an addition to the FAQs sticky. I also understand what james is saying about the sponsors. It doen't matter if they have anything that we want or not. If it were not for them we wouldn't have this site to meet at. And as soon as they see a sticky like that they would most likely pull their sponsorship.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:41 PM
djsprinklesnjo
2nd Gear Member

of course doing what i do, id like to see the outcome of this topic also. however i wont post an opinon on the matter.

Quick Reply: idea for the workshop guys