Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

The people of this forums

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 01:43 PM
sethalot
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: The people of this forums

i had never checked out the OT section before last night i didnt post anything just read a few of the threads, alot of random stuff in there but then again i suppose thats the point of it[sm=dontgetit.gif]
Old 06-12-2008, 02:08 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

The only benefit of having an OT section here is it keeps the OTards outa the Tech Sections!
Old 06-12-2008, 02:12 PM
Demon 340
Administrator

i thought that we were only to call them OTards behind closed doors?

Old 06-12-2008, 03:08 PM
66JameStang
4th Gear Member

HAHA I think all is well they know what they are!
Old 06-12-2008, 03:44 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: imnotmy77stang

hey derf, i was being serious about the valve / cam covers. i mean, just because they cover cams now too why would they NOT be called a valve cover? jap cars with OHC's still have VALVE covers, whats the difference?

grrrr
The cam cover name is starting to gain acceptance as more and more cars get rid of their pushrod configurations and move towards OHC setups. While valve cover is pretty straight forward, it is somewhat inaccurate now as when you remove that cover you also have direct access to the camshaft.So, when someone says "cam cover" it's automatically known that it's an OHC engine. The valves themselves are not mentioned because anyone with any mechanical inclination of cars would know that it's inclusive of the valves. Those that don't know what a valve or camshaft is to begin with,wouldn't make a difference what you call it, they would still be clueless. That's probably why many ricers still say their OHC motors have valve covers. They don't know what they're talking about.

Kind of like carbs vs fuel injection. For a carb you would say "Jet size" for a fuel injector you would say Injector size. You could say Jet size for a fuel injector but again, it's not totally accurate.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:46 PM
imnotmy77stang
2nd Gear Member

hey now, you leave us professionals in OT alone!

Old 06-12-2008, 03:47 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: fast65

Actually the lack of respect that I experience Derf, mainly comes from the people who just completely ignore me when I throw a wave at them, or don't even look over when I give them a tiny rev. The reason you see some "snobbery" with the classic guys is because we're better than everyone else, and we know it.

Before someone decides to call me a snobby *****, don't waste your time because I already know I am and I'm so happy about it.
None of you are British that I'm aware of so I won't make that assumption I rarely see it these days but there are some that were very (Snobbish) when I came here four years or so ago.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:52 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: sethalot

ORIGINAL: Waffles

man u guys suck. all out west with nice weather damn near year round. have fun, buggers.
i trust my car, not not for a trip from detroit to the west coast!!!
+1 to that i live in the middle of iowa and it killed me having to go out to the garage every few days to start my beloved but not be able to drive her [sm=sigh.gif]

ORIGINAL: Waffles
We sympathize and empathize because we are not in direct competition with one another, unlike most other sections. We help and support each other here... post this in another forum and all the punks would be in your *** flaming you like theres no tomorrow. Thank god one area of this website is more enjoyable than the rest.
i agree with that whenever im in street/strip it feels like quite a few of the guys posting there are just out for and argument granted thats not to say they are all like that, a lot of them are good guys who if they disagree with somthing you've said they will give reason for it with actual facts alot of the time though i get some moron flaming me and pulling made up information out of his a$$

+1 on Street/Strip, that's one section I don't generally post in or visit. I think the problem is most people what beat another car don't realize they beat the driver not the car.

Sorry but my sold 00 V6 5spdcould beat a 94-98 GT if it was either auto or the driver of a 5spd stunk. End of story. Not saying that on a perfect day in a perfect world that the GTwouldn't get me almost everytime.Heck I could beat a lambo if the driver was bad enough.

Ignorance is bliss with those types of people.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:06 PM
69FB
4th Gear Member

I know for a fact that there are plenty of people out there driving multiple makes of cars that just want to race. When I ride with my brother in his ShelbyGT he's constantly got people running up on him from behind or pulling up next to him and gunning it. Granted I'm sure they just want to see what it will do especially since it's got that "SC" on the side stripe. What upsets my brother though is when he does not punch it and people start doing stupid stuff like tailgating or "drifting" a bit into his lane. He is a car enthusiast and he chose to buy the Shelby b/c it is a Shelby. Granted he usually just pulls away from the and leaves them in the dust. I am just waiting for the time I hear he gets pulled over by the cops for speeding. That car can get away from you.

That said he always waves to other mustang drivers and especially to the classic guys.

My car has been in the shop since I bought it so I do not know what kind of response I'll get...but I'm anxiously waiting to find out.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:57 PM
WildMustang351
3rd Gear Member

People who own classic Mustangs took the time and hard earned money to buy the classic Mustang they wanted.
The new age mustang owner gets a loan, loads up all his credit cards to the max and then is pissed off at the rest of the world because he is in debt up to his azz.
Most classic Mustang owners are financial stable enough to leave it sit in the garage untilthey budget for new parts.
Not that new Mustang owners are bad people it's just the American way of life "I want it now and I want it cheap, who cares about the future"

Quick Reply: The people of this forums