Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Here are some pictures of my car. It is almost done (if they ever are).

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 12:02 PM
68EFIvert
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Here are some pictures of my car. It is almost done (if they ever are).

ORIGINAL: UH60LCHIEF

Beautiful car man. I'd hit the front of the aluminum radiator with a bit o' flat black so it sets your grille off mo' bettah. Very tastefully done.
Great idea! It really would clean up the grill area wouldn't it? I will hit it with some black paint when I detail the engine compartment this weekend. Thanks for the improvement idea.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:06 PM
68EFIvert
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Here are some pictures of my car. It is almost done (if they ever are).

ORIGINAL: 69FB

You should bring it to the 45th Anniversary Mustang Show next year here in Birmingham.
It would be fun to go to the 45th but the drive from Washington State to Alabama would be a little long. I tell you what, if Valleyfirearmstakes hiscarso will I.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:41 PM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

Awesome!
Old 07-11-2008, 01:31 PM
tyler72
3rd Gear Member

I dont think I would paint the radiator flat black, it will not allow it to dissapait (sp) heat correctly. Now, if you use lacquer, I think it would be ok. However, I would call a radiator shop and ask them first just to be sure.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:46 PM
d_ford
2nd Gear Member

Beautiful car, fantastic work. I'm seriously impressed!
Old 07-11-2008, 01:54 PM
UH60LCHIEF
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tyler72

I dont think I would paint the radiator flat black, it will not allow it to dissapait (sp) heat correctly. Now, if you use lacquer, I think it would be ok. However, I would call a radiator shop and ask them first just to be sure.
It really won't make any difference in heat dissipation. If you notice all of the stock radiators are black already no? I've done it to mine and pretty much everyone I know with an aluminum radiator has done it as well with no problems. It just looks better balcked out IMHO.
Old 07-11-2008, 07:36 PM
Tony R
4th Gear Member

I have seen it in person and it is a nice looking car. just waiting for the ride in it HINT HINT!!! Did you get all of your wiring problems taken care of?
Old 07-11-2008, 08:44 PM
ky
America ftw

very nice.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:06 PM
tarafied1
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: davesanborn

Unbelievable work Darreld.

It's all down hill from here on out. You need to get you a FB now and start all over again.

Those full length long tube headers look kinda low..... Are they the lowest point on the car? I'm not a big fan of long tubes for this very reason. They're great on a track car, but the first time you hear them scrape/clunk going over a speed bump/pot-hole you'll know what I mean.

Get that sucker finished up, don't you have some car shows to get to?

Dave
That is a sweet ride. And Dave I saw those headers right away. I have the same issue, they drag on EVERYTHING!!!!
Old 07-11-2008, 10:34 PM
BAY68_347
2nd Gear Member

Your car is absolutely stunning. Seriously, it looks awesome in every way if you ask me. Usually verts look a little tame to me but yours just screams "FAST".

Since you are a little burnt out with projects, I would not rush into painting the radiator as I think it looks fine as is. If it is something that you want to do down the road, it will still be there.

Nice work, your car is an inspiration to me.

Quick Reply: Here are some pictures of my car. It is almost done (if they ever are).