Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

I am staying here in Classic Mustangs.

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 12:15 PM
69FB
4th Gear Member

I must have missed the thread on your 09 73 Sportroof. Congrats on the new car and if you have a link I'd like to see more pics of your DD.

I agree I've gone to some of the other areas and most see to be okay. OT Gave me a headache from all the nagging and complaining.

I haven't been in here much myself with the way the market has been going lately.

Waffles I guess I have not noticed the change in the Classics Section. I have noticed you haven't been in here as much. Miss you man and hope everything is going well for you and your wife.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:26 PM
blue66mustang
2nd Gear Member

Don't leave Waffles..The place wont be the same without you.
Seriously !!!
Old 10-24-2008, 12:34 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

ive been asking for a classic general discussion section for forevarrr
Old 10-24-2008, 12:51 PM
Carlos Pineiro
3rd Gear Member

The admins are apparrently really busy, and I guess they don't own old cars or they would show up here more often, lol.

I have been a WM and have worked for years with large MBs, so I know the ton of work it takes to keep a site going. Guys (and gals?) I for one appreciate this place. I've already saved money from the advice here and had some good reads.

The prob (IMHO) here is that all classic posts are bunched together in one forum. Without catagories like Classic DIY or Classic Tech Questions or Classic Cruising Stories, or Calssic Buy-Sell-Trade etc. Classic Pics is a sticky, and that's about it.

When you have only one forum for all these busy topics, New posts slide off page one in a day. With the volume of posters here, there should be more than an average of 10-20 replies. The other prob is that you can't really use ViewNewPosts unless you want to see a little of every single forum sitewide.

If Classics had dif sub forums and their own ViewNewPosts page (can't do with vB software), discussion would be more involved as threads wouldn't fall into the page 2 black hole.

CP
Old 10-24-2008, 01:06 PM
SJs 66coupe
4th Gear Member

I notice the same thing even in the local "car club".

There are guys with classics that are salt of the earth types and generally "good ol' boy" types that would give you the shirt off their backs.

Then there are some doctor / lawyer types that don't know the first thing about a car other than where to sign the checks to pay for them and they seem a bit stuck up and sort of rude at times.

They are just very different people and the kind of people they are seems to somewhat determine what car they drive.
Old 10-24-2008, 01:20 PM
Carlos Pineiro
3rd Gear Member

To be fair, there are hundreds of members in the new var forums. The rude people, as usual, stick out.

Overall, there are more grease monkeys and hobbiests in Classics, and more I-just bought-a-car-note dudes in the new car forums.

I used to have a '90 5.0 vert so I can see both sides. Classics have some rude folk too.

Most of the Mustang II people are very nice. The car had like 8 different models and the v8 guys there have to deal with an engine bay tighter than you-know-what, so God bless them. Changing the oil pump in a King Cobra is like docking the freakin' space shuttle no look. In the end, after working their tails off, nobody walks up and says "COOL CAR, DUDE!" when they see a M II. Most of those guys are real enthusiasts. There's no overinflated egos when you drive a Ghia, lol. It's all about your love for the car.

CP

Last edited by Carlos Pineiro; 10-24-2008 at 02:19 PM.
Old 10-24-2008, 04:04 PM
4reboy
5th Gear Member

I should be a mod here, I'm on this site like every day for hours just passing time while I'm doing other stuff. Like I'll have it up when doing homework haha.

But I agree that this is the better section on here... OT can be entertaining because of all the tards there, but I agree that they have been leaking into other sections.
Old 10-24-2008, 04:11 PM
DeltaElite121
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 4reboy
I should be a mod here, I'm on this site like every day for hours just passing time while I'm doing other stuff. Like I'll have it up when doing homework haha.

But I agree that this is the better section on here... OT can be entertaining because of all the tards there, but I agree that they have been leaking into other sections.
How old are you if you're still in school? Because that's one hell of a mustang you have right there, and even more impressive if you're my age (21).

- and I agree about everything in this thread. Cocky money-makers are more prone to buy newer cars because they don't have the first clue how to work on things themselves. Hell, that's why they have the check engine light go off if the gas cap isn't even on tight enough these days.. Because if they didn't have that, they probably wouldn't even put the cap on.

Last edited by DeltaElite121; 10-24-2008 at 04:14 PM.
Old 10-24-2008, 04:18 PM
ponyX65
1st Gear Member

hey waffle, dont call it quits. i rarely post but im on here almost every day and you do liven this place up. so keep posting or i wont have nothing good to read during work!

oh! and 73 sportroof nice stang!
Old 10-24-2008, 04:27 PM
73 Sportroof
2nd Gear Member

Here is a link to my old post in the Classic section.

https://mustangforums.com/forum/show...t=daily+driver

I know we have lost a lot of good people around here.

RSRXION
THUMPIN455
and many more.

I hate to see anyone else go. I don't post a lot here but I feel that most of the people here are friends.

I get a lot of entertainment out of Waffles, honeygoldcoupe, rmodel65 etc. etc. etc.

Great people here.

Last edited by 73 Sportroof; 10-24-2008 at 04:30 PM.

Quick Reply: I am staying here in Classic Mustangs.