Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Another Newbie! Hopefully my first post will work

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 08:40 PM
FoMoJoe
2nd Gear Member

Default Another Newbie! Hopefully my first post will work

So I've been reading the articles on here and found it great to see that everytime I hit the refresh button on the main page there are new threads posted. Keeps me interested! I guess I should contribute then. Here's my ride I've had for 2 years. I installed a 347, T5-Z, disc brakes and a whole bunch of other stuff and have enjoyed doing every bit myself. Here's a few pictures showing the fruits of my labor. I had Chip Foose sign my glove box.I have a Carrol Shelby signature on another glove box but that's on the wall in my home office.

Old 01-14-2010, 08:42 PM
Tony R
4th Gear Member

Welcome. I like your paint scheme. What color green is that?
Old 01-14-2010, 08:47 PM
FoMoJoe
2nd Gear Member

Painter called it "Silver Jade" similar or off shade of what was available I believe in 69...?
Old 01-14-2010, 08:51 PM
4reboy
5th Gear Member

That's a nice looking car, I like the paint scheme as well. The only thing I'm not a fan of is what looks to be a "cobra" badge on the fender. Your car isn't a cobra so I wouldn't put that there, but just my opinion.

The chip foose signature looks neat on that glove box, nice to see a different car guy sign it than shelby! haha
Old 01-14-2010, 11:49 PM
jakstang

Thats good looking car! Are those Coy's C-67's? If they are, I was looking to get those rims in the near future...what backspacing and tire size is your setup?
Old 01-15-2010, 12:02 AM
darkngtz
2nd Gear Member

gorgeous and welcome!
Old 01-15-2010, 01:30 AM
kalli
6th Gear Member

i find the cobra fender badges out of place, but everyoine it's own. makes it different.
nice otherwise. Like it. was thinking about getting the same hood for mine whenever I win the lottery
Old 01-15-2010, 04:51 AM
tx65coupe
5th Gear Member

Welcome!!!

That color green is sweet! Great looking fastback.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:58 AM
FoMoJoe
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the comments. I have the cobra decals on the side because on each side there is a hole slightly smaller than the size of a penny that came with the valance which I wanted to cover. If there's some other decal or idea you could share that you think would look good, let me know! I do like the cobra decals there for its intended purpose for now, to cover the hole. 347 Badge?
As for the rims, I'm not sure of the name, Mustangs Unlimited's web site is down right now, but the front tire is 215/40 R17 and the rear tire is 245/45 R17. I'd like to maybe lower the front an inch to close the gap in the fender but I do have long tube heddman headers I have to consider underneath in case I come into some road situations.
My Future projects include:
-Convert rear 4:11 rear gear with mini spool over to a 3:55 Trac Lok or True Trac. It's a PITA to drive around corners right now and am looking for an affordable set up.
-Replace exhaust pipes, installing either H or X pipe in the process
-Potentially vinyl cover the doors and bottom dash with either saddle leather (like the Ford King Ranch) or keep it simple with black vinyl with a thin foam piece behind it.
-Spray bottom of car with 3M protective coating
-Maybe lower front end
-Maybe redo all the electrical
-Paint gauge needles with hobby orange paint and reset the odometer since I have a new engine
-Replace driver side glass and vent assembly which I have, just need to install. Already did Passenger side.
Old 01-15-2010, 08:36 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

If they're nice, neat round holes, maybe a corner marker lamp would work. Not everybody is going to agree with that on a classic either, but I'd argue that it would be "less incorrect" than Cobra badging and at least have its own separate function.

215/40-17 is more than a little lightweight as far as load capacity is concerned. Matching the OE tire size needs something more like 225/45-17 (which is still smaller than the rear tires but will still work on your existing front rims). Your car is too nice to trust it on tires that are eight load ranges too small. WAY too nice.

Norm

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 01-15-2010 at 08:39 AM.

Quick Reply: Another Newbie! Hopefully my first post will work